Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Need help with business name

• 2 posts
    August 11, 2007 9:19 AM EDT

I need help with a business name! 

I am a powerseller and registered selling assistant on ebay and have been selling on ebay for 9 years mostly my own items of old and historic newspapers, maps, prints and engravings. I realize how important it is to diversify my products so I have been listing items for friends such as Motorcycles, Rolex and antiques.

I would like to put an ad in the local newspaper to sell items on consignment for others. I have read several books on selling items on consignment on ebay. Since I live in an area with many lakes one idea is "Lake Region Online Auctions" but it doesn`t mention anything about my specialty of old/historic newspapers and maps.

Any suggestions for a business name/branding would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!

• 2 posts
    August 12, 2007 12:43 PM EDT

Thank you very much for your input on trying to figure out a business name!

I feel the outstanding feedback/integrity I have on my present site is a big advantage when selling on ebay so I think it is best to keep just one business. My seller user ID on ebay is nls  You can read all about my services and products I provide. 

I was also solicited by a business in Australia to help "brand" my business and come up with a business logo and iprove my ebay store and listings. They however wanted $500 to start and $500 when complete. My big hold-up now is coming up with a business logo/name!

Although I plan to continue to list my own items (Antique/historic newspapers, engravings and maps) I realize there is a huge market in consigning items for others.

I have listed many different items already for friends and acquaintances but if I want to put an ad in the local paper for such a service I think I need a business name. 

Thanks again for your replies and hope to hear from you again!

• 3 posts
    January 13, 2014 1:59 AM EST

I really like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage! Keep up the superb works guys I've you guys to blogroll.Java professional Training is something many people seek through coaching. Many neighborhood universities and some regional high educational institutions offer knowledge programs and coaching to guide people who want further coffee profession opportunities through Java Professional Training.

Java Training in delhi | Professional Training | online Tutorial

• 5 posts
    January 23, 2014 6:50 PM EST

Try using copyshoppy.com to host a contest for your business name

• 148 posts
    March 21, 2014 10:54 AM EDT

Hey guys,

we are Fabian and Ivan from Hamburg, Germany and try to realize our lifetime dream through Kickstarter (Crowd funding).

In fact we dislike self-promotion in terms of spam but in our current position there is no other possibility and otherwise we can bury our lifetime dream.

Our plan is to found a new fashion brand. Fashion means to us shoes, fragrances for him and her and headphones. Our marketing-concept is based on promotion through celebrities. In the past it was possible to us to get a good connection to popular people. There onto we want to open a store in Los Angeles, Hollywood to emphasize the elegance and exclusivity.

For our big plan we need 3.5Mio € to be competitive on the international market. In this cause we published our intentions on Kickstarter to get our project financed through crowd funding.

It would be awesome if you support us. Every euro brings us further and of course we have little considerations for you helping us.

We got after 12 hours almost 12.000€.

We thank you with all our heart and you can have a look at the following link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1487919235/los-angeles-wings-shoes-fragrances-headphones

Best regards,

Fabian and Ivan