Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Sales Lead Swap!

• 1 posts
    May 8, 2007 5:56 AM EDT
    Hi all,

I`m new to SUN and for the last few months have been reading your posts and decided to get involved! I work for a gal who designed a line of apparel especially for the average sized woman with a busty figure. Our sizes range from 6-16 and fit cup sizes D to G.  We, too, tried out Oprah`s Next Big Idea in Chicago. A new line of silk tops and swimwear is currently in production, but we really need to get the word out. Any ideas on stores or boutiques our line would be perfect for? We run the business from small town Iowa and the online retail venue has not been working out too well!
    Thanks in advance!

Amber
    www.erisapparel.com

---
    www.erisapparel.com

• 62 posts
    August 5, 2007 7:59 AM EDT

Thanks for the kind words Diana! I am going to need to give you a tolken for a treat from my shiny new Appreciation Station...lol. The connections on SuN for me have far exceeded my expectations on  business related site. It is truly about forging relationships and even this particular post is a shining example of that.

Melissa are you concentrating on retail outlets specifically? It doesn`t look like your site is ready for web orders yet. When you are I will be glad to pass the word. Oh and check your PM I have a thought specifically for you.

---
    Chit Chat and Chew is reconnecting families and changing lives. Visit us online at www.chitchatandchew.com

• 5 posts
    August 7, 2007 12:11 PM EDT

oops, tried to post a reply, but posted a New Topic.  Please check there, we need your assistance,

thanks,

Connie

---
    Connie & Joe D`Aura
    Contemporary ComputerWear
    100% Cotton Dust Covers
    415-664-0164

• 1 posts
    June 27, 2008 6:09 AM EDT
    Hi Leslie,

Thank you so much for helping us with our Press Release and for all of the valuable advise you provided us above and beyond the call of duty. It has truly been a pleasure and reward to work with you.

We will be posting our first release shortly and look forward to working with you as we move forward.

We highly recommend you to all of the members at SUN.

Sincerely,

Lockerjeans, LLC

---
    Put this in your locker.

• 3 posts
    August 5, 2007 3:18 PM EDT

What a great Idea, All I am proud to just join this site there is so much good information.

I am reading through the list and trying to see who I can match up with who, Well to make a long story short I work for a Family owned Labeling company, We do all kinds of pressure sensitive labeling. We have 3 Flexo-graphic presses and do all kinds of 4 color process work. We have an in house graphic design department and can help you with anything you many need in the labeling world. We have an inventory of over 3,000 die sizes and work with many companies on the east cost with there labeling. Medical labels, Food Labels, Barcodes, 1/2 Printed labels, Thermal transfer machines, 4 Color process Printers and thermal transfer ribbon. Blank Labels and shipping labels.

We work with compaines such as Datamax and Zebra and use software programs like Labelview and Bartender and many others.

If you need a quote on a Blank label or a current label or need to logo your company with a label contact me my name is David Prince and I can be reached at 845-416-4815 again we are family owned and have been in business for 48 years.  

If you have a product that you are trying to sell to stores or something I can help you with just let me know, I have tons of Food store contacts on the east cost and can put you in touch wiht the right people.

Thanks

David Prince

Glenroylabels.com

• 37 posts
    August 4, 2007 10:01 AM EDT

The idea of sharing info is powerful. I spoke to the lovely Corliss from www.chitchatandchew.com for the first time last night via phone (mainly due to my lack of typing skills). We spoke for nearly two hours and shared leads and ideas with each other. It was amazing to have this type of connection, full of energy and a real desire to help. We now have many new leads to follow and I`m sure it will only continue.

Melissa, here`s another reason why this site is so important. When you create a product, as Corliss and I were saying, it`s like "your baby." You could be an amazing salesperson, but it`s like holding your baby up in front of others and saying, "what do you think?" It`s tough to do, know matter how proud of it you are. I also believe we become so close to our products, that it can be difficult to see things that others, maybe first time visitors can see.

I do have a phone number and contact info for Creative Kidstuff if you want it. Thanks, Diana

---
    Are you a parent or have friends that are parents? Tell them about The Appreciation Station... the most innovative system to help parents be the best they can be through positive discipline. When you notice what`s right as opposed to what`s wrong, you begin to see dramatic results in your household.

• 37 posts
    August 5, 2007 4:05 PM EDT

Nice to have you David. I`ll keep you in mind for when I hit the big time! Good Luck to you and you`re in the right place for sure. This site is meet, greet & grow at its best!

Diana

---
    Are you a parent or have friends that are parents? Tell them about The Appreciation Station... the most innovative system to help parents be the best they can be through positive discipline. When you notice what`s right as opposed to what`s wrong, you begin to see dramatic results in your household.

• May 6, 2007 7:01 PM EDT
    I agree with Mary Kay, Thanks Melissa!
    • 23 posts
    May 7, 2007 9:30 AM EDT

Hi! Thanks for setting this up!

Can anyone recommend any boutique/upscale stores--baby, gift, trendy etc in the Dallas, Atlanta  or Chicago market??

I appreciate any help in those areas!

Thanks!

Kellee

www.AngelHeadquarters.com

---
    Kellee White Angel Headquarters, Creators of "My Angel Pillow" www.angelheadquarters.com

• 23 posts
    October 7, 2007 8:26 AM EDT

Thanks Nancy! I appreciate any help! Our product, My Angel Pillow, makes a great gift for the holidays.

Kellee

www.angelheadquarters.com

---
    Kellee White Angel Headquarters, Creators of "My Angel Pillow" www.angelheadquarters.com

• 20 posts
    October 7, 2007 6:50 AM EDT

Hi there: 

Here is my link for my organizing card game called Les Mess: www.lesmess.com

Maybe your clients would love to give this as a holiday present to their clients with children, OR you may have some people who would need this game.  Hasbro called me last week...they are interested in this game.

Let me know if you have any questions about my product.  Thanks!

---
    Leslie
    www.lesmess.com

• 20 posts
    June 19, 2008 8:57 AM EDT
    Hi All:

If anyone needs press releases written, I am your person.  Email me at lesliefjacobs@yahoo.com and I will write it for you. I usually charge 350 per press release, but for this thread, I will only charge less than 1/2 of that...email me...and I will help you get press. I am an entrepreneaur who has been on The Big Idea and in major magazines selling my game Les Mess. www.lesmess.com

Let me know if I can help you.

---
    Leslie
    www.lesmess.com

• 376 posts
    May 4, 2007 10:31 AM EDT
    I`ve got no lead right this minute, I just wanted to thank you.  GREAT thread!!!  I`ll be back!

---
    Leslie
    Founder and President
    Charmed Life Products LLC
    Grill Charms™… The MUST HAVE grilling accessory that is revolutionizing the American Cook-out AND The perfect gift for any occasion!
    Grill Charms

• 30 posts
    August 3, 2007 2:57 AM EDT

When sourcing for another product, I came across this website femailcreations.com:

Thanks for your interest in Femail Creations! We are constantly seeking new and unusual products to feature in upcoming issues of Femail Creations. If you would like us to review an item for a future catalog, please send photos, or samples along with wholesale pricing and information about yourself and your company.

All submissions will be reviewed and may be kept on file for future reference. The review process can take up to six months. We are a small staff so we ask for your patience.

Any samples or photographs sent in become the property of Femail Creations and cannot be returned. Due to the overwhelming amount of correspondence we receive, we are unable to accept any inquiries regarding the status of your submission. If your item is accepted, we will contact you with the good news!

Send samples and information to:

Femail Creations
    Attention: Review Department
    2485 West Horizon Ridge Parkway, #100
    Henderson, NV 89052
    review@femailcreations.com

---
    Wishing you all continued blessings and successes!
    ~Roshelle (aka SparkleGirl), SparklingCards.com
    We provide customized cards that make your gifts shine! Also, our Wedding Day Survival Kit has been featured in America`s Bride Magazine.

Also, please check out my new venture, welcome2college.com - a FREE resource site for prospective and newly enrolled university and college students.

• 30 posts
    August 3, 2007 4:57 AM EDT

Are you targeting certain stores with your product or selling direct only?

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Unless it`s holiday season, my main retail outlets are the website and also specialty stores such as gift basket and wine boutiques.

It`s a never ending search for opportunities that`s for sure!

---
    We provide customized cards that make your gifts shine! Also, our Wedding Day Survival Kit has been featured in America`s Bride Magazine.

Also, please check out my new venture, welcome2college.com - a FREE resource site for prospective and newly enrolled university and college students.

• 30 posts
    August 3, 2007 5:54 PM EDT

Hi,

A friend (in the spirit of full-disclosure) of mine has a website www.ChristArt.com and he sells ad space for a very reasonable monthly rate ($20 - $50).

Melissa:  his target market is pretty specialized, but I thought your product especially would be a good fit as his site is very popular with homeschoolers.

I`m going to advertise my wedding kit http://www.sparklingcards.com/weddingdaysurvivalkit/

SparkleGirl2007-8-4 13:37:33

---

• 6 posts
    May 15, 2007 12:37 AM EDT
     I am looking in to finding shops to sell my unique candles in I do have them in some shops
    in my area but would love to get them in other areas.
    Manly looking for upscale shops. Also I seam to get a lot of corporate gift giving accounts and company parties.
    So I am looking in to going after more of these accounts if anyone knows of any company looking for unique gifts
    Or upscale gift shops I would love to here from you!
    I will also be happy to help others anyway I can.

(edited for formatting only, not content)
    Joel2007-8-6 15:45:57

---
    Jenny
    Cool Candle
    www.CoolCandle.net
    Unique Candles for Unique People.
    Making life a little brighter!

• 9 posts
    June 18, 2008 9:20 PM EDT
    HI EVERYONE! I keep stalking these sites and this one seems worth participating. I am a professional photographer and would love to connect with others.  YOU all sound interesting.
    Please take a view at my new photography website and bookmark it. I photograph across the US and destination weddings too.
    I would love to network with anyone!!!!

Wedding Photography, Engagement, and Journalism
    Click here and come on in:
    http://www.lovesimplyhappens.com

lovehappens6/19/2008 2:23 AM
    • 17 posts
    June 20, 2008 6:43 PM EDT
    This is a great thread. Nice job on getting it started.

I am about to launch a service that is ideal for all business-to-business vendors looking to increase their exposure to additional clients...and is the place to go when you, as a business owner or decision maker, need to find a new vendor of any kind.

We are called VendorCity and will be launching nationally very shortly.  Come sign-up and be sure to invite your clients and business partners / colleagues.

---
    -jc

---
    JC Cameron, President
    VendorCity, Inc. - Your source for highly recommended Vendors

http://www.VendorCity.com

JC`s View: My take on technology and entrepreneurship

• 158 posts
    May 4, 2007 5:55 AM EDT

A very kind member of this wonderful SUN community just emailed me with information about a local store that she felt would be a great sales lead for my kits. This is just a fantastic example of how we SUN members can really help each other out! Let’s take advantage of the fact that we are sprinkled all over the map, and start a Sales Lead Swap!

How it works: (please feel free to suggest ways to improve the process!)

1.)    Post a link that best describes/showcases your product or service (Marketplace Ad, website, ect). 

2.)    Take a look at the links that members have posted, and try to send at least one lead (from your local area) to a member by PM (private message). If you happen to have the buyer’s contact information that’s great - send it along. General contact info is fine (store name, website, address, ect). Post to this forum that you have sent a lead.

3.)    If you have a received a lead let us know (post it here)! Then, try to return the favor for that member (and post that you’ve done so). By doing this, we are not keeping tabs on who sent what, because it should be understood that it is not always possible to reciprocate in this way. We can however, see if the system is working.

It’s pretty basic – if you get a lead, send a lead. If are unable to provide a lead for that particular member, just thank them and try your best to send one to someone else.

So who’s first??!

---
    Melissa Yamello
    Owner/Designer
    Storybook Studio
    www.storybookstudio.net

Kids` Craft Blast
    Sign-up for our newsletter featuring free project ideas in each issue!

• 158 posts
    May 4, 2007 6:57 AM EDT

Ok, I`ll start

I sent a lead to TheTrueShutUpGirl. I found a great shop in my local area that might be perfect place to market her fashion accessories.

I also sent a lead to MaryKay (for her Kubit2Me game) since she was so sweet to send me info on a store in her local area!

---
    Melissa Yamello
    Owner/Designer
    Storybook Studio
    www.storybookstudio.net

Kids` Craft Blast

• 158 posts
    May 7, 2007 3:49 AM EDT

I think we may have to `recruit` some members to get the ball rolling. I am trying to think up some appropriate retailers for some of our regular members (just because I`m familiar with their products).

---
    Melissa Yamello
    Owner/Designer
    Storybook Studio
    www.storybookstudio.net

Kids` Craft Blast

• 158 posts
    August 2, 2007 4:23 PM EDT

Hi guys - seems like we took a little break posting here, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to `play` the swap game again

I`m sending a msg with a lead to Jenny from Cool Candle now. Anyone else have a lead?

I am looking for toy stores, gift stores and children`s boutiques to sell my creativity kits for children. I`ll keep thinking!

Melissa

---
    Melissa Yamello
    Owner/Designer
    Storybook Studio
    www.storybookstudio.net

Kids` Craft Blast

• 158 posts
    August 3, 2007 4:46 AM EDT

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive! 

This isn`t exactly a "lead" ...  maybe just a resource to lots of leads!

If you haven`t done it already, you might want to check out ASTRA (American Specialty Toy Retailing Association).  I joined when I attended one of their trade shows in June and it was great. It`s a great information & networking resource.  Check out their website at www.astratoy.org.  Lots of useful information there! 

Mary Kay 

Thanks Mary Kay! I will definately bookmark this - seems like a great resource for me!

---
    Melissa Yamello
    Owner/Designer
    Storybook Studio
    www.storybookstudio.net

Kids` Craft Blast

• 158 posts
    August 3, 2007 4:49 AM EDT

That`s great Roshelle! I have come across their website before - if I`m not mistake SUN did a podcast or something on that company a while back..I think? I`ll have to research that.

Anyway, I had forgotten about them - thank`s for forwarding that info ;0)

Are you targeting certain stores with your product or selling direct only?

Melissa

---
    Melissa Yamello
    Owner/Designer
    Storybook Studio
    www.storybookstudio.net

Kids` Craft Blast