Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

How Long did it Take You?

• 76 posts
    November 8, 2011 3:05 AM EST

Feeling overwhelmed after starting a business is very normal, after all you are taking a huge step. However if you implement certain things when operating the business it can help subdue the feeling somewhat.

I would recommend writing down the reasons you wanted to start the business like Scott mentioned. Seeing it on paper can have a strong effect on you and help you push through some of the hardships in order to reach your goal.

Another important factor when starting your business is to do tremendous amounts of research into the industry. Knowledge is power, read up on how to be an entrepreneur, how to mange a business, how to keep your head afloat when so much is going on. There is lot's of information out there, because there are tons of people in the same boat as you. Nothing comes easy and with the right amount of perseverance you will succeed. Most importantly always believe in what you are doing, that'll give you tremendous amounts of strength.

Best of luck!

---
    Gary Barzel - Manager of Business Development
    FastUpFront - Business Loans and Working Capital
    Twitter | Facebook | Blog

• 55 posts
    June 20, 2012 8:37 PM EDT

Well one should always opt the business according to the interest, as it make the things a lot more easier, simple and comfortable. I opted the business according to my interest, as from childhood I use to trade the currencies one or the other form. And now currency investing is one of the most exciting and popular market to invest in.

Binary Options

• 106 posts
    December 16, 2011 12:56 AM EST

Well every business you start off with is tough, but hard work makes it easy. I too faced a lot of difficulties as I jumped into trading, but learning make me perfect. Trading in forex market is super easy to get started with and is a very lucrative way to make money.

trade forex | review broker forex

• 15 posts
    November 1, 2011 8:02 AM EDT

John,

I think you've gotten some pretty good advice from Scott. But, I get a sense from your post that you don't think it's happening fast enough. You're in good company. None of us ever do. The best investment you can make for your young business is to invest in your personal development. Work harder on yourself than you do on your business and it will take care of itself.

It's great that you're moving out on your own, but it's not always an easy road. Many bumps, limiting beliefs, barriers to cross. It's all between your ears. Keep at it!

What is your business?

RICK

---
    Inspiring Transitions
    Your Business. Your Life. Your Terms.
    Inspired and IN Business
    Take The Passion Test

• 47 posts
    November 11, 2011 10:39 PM EST

I also just start my bag business.But everything you need do for starting ,and need do many to prepare.Come On!

www.fashioneltiebag.com

---
    Elite Art&Craft Factory ----sell bags http://www.fashionelitebag.com MSN:sallya121@hotmail.com SKYPE:huangmeiqing111

• 20 posts
    October 26, 2011 3:02 AM EDT

Good morning all!

I just started a new business and man is it tough.  For those that are making it, how long did it take you to feel comfortable with how well you are doing?  For me personally, I feel like I am not doing enough.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

---
    Online Work Schedule Program | HeresYourSchedule.com Cloud scheduling simplified!

• 20 posts
    November 6, 2011 2:42 PM EST

Thanks for the advice Rick and Scott!  Sorry it took me so long to get back on, I have lost power due to the snow storms in New England and just got it back Saturday.

Anyways - My biz partner and I are working on creating tools that large companies typically use and pay a bundle to use for small businesses at low costs.  Our current tool is an online work schedule program.   It is currently a free product because we want to build a following.  Even as a free product, adoption started slow, but we have had many new subscribers sign up this week. 

We will look for ways to monetize this site soon and we are already working on the next web based software - I can't wait to launch it!

Thanks again

John

---
    Online Work Schedule Program | HeresYourSchedule.com Cloud scheduling simplified!