Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Accounting & Financial Management

Cash flow question

• 355 posts
    June 16, 2010 1:31 PM EDT

The question I would ask is “How did you arrive at your selling price?”   Is it high enough to actually allow for growth of your business?  The Harvard School of Business has a wonderful tool for calculating your percentage of markup based upon your acquisition cost for an item.  Might be worth checking your selling price with this tool.

The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 3 posts
    June 12, 2010 2:19 PM EDT

Hey all, I hope someone can help me with my issue.

I stated a business selling a product that I basically buy from individuals and resell online and to some other small companies. I started out just purchasing a few hundred dollars worth of product a week and doubling my money. 

My biggest expense is advertising in the newspaper and also online.

I did not have any starting capital and just used my personal money i have in the bank.

So here is my problem.

I generat about $10,000-$12,000 a month in sales. My cost to purchase the product is about $4,000 a month and my expenses are around $1,500.

Well as soon as I make my profit I have to use the money to buy more product.

What can I do to build up some capital?

• 3 posts
    August 16, 2011 3:11 AM EDT

Hi all, this is great information and advise. I have not been it the forum for awhile so this is a very late thank you.