Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Web Designer or Webmaster -- Which one do I need?

• 990 posts
    June 22, 2009 6:21 AM EDT
    so, should we STOP having business cards made?  What should I say when somebody asks me for my business card?

---
    James Lindon, Ph.D. Patent Attorney
    Lindon & Lindon, LLC
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Pharmacy Law, Litigation
    [this is not legal advice - provided for discussion only]
    Intellectual Property for the Individual and Small Business: Identify, Protect, Enforce, Defend.
    "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
    http://www.LindonLaw.com

• 1 posts
    July 7, 2009 6:12 AM EDT
    Is this a trick question? The difference is pretty obvious. A web designer designs what a website looks like. A webmaster administers the website, making sure everything on it runs smoothly.

---
    A-ware - Business Software

• 16 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:44 AM EDT

I think web designer is good way to make more and more money quick and fast. There are many advantages of web designer like it is very flexible, getting good packages and you can also easily working at home.

---
    PHP Web Development | PHP Application Development | PHP Developer India

• 6 posts
    May 6, 2010 7:24 AM EDT

We agree with RozzZero, so when you need a website designer (that does the design, all the pretty stuff you see on the website) then check us out at www.Upstack.com - The only way to hire freelance graphic designers. No more spec! - We invite only the best designers from around the world. No more spec! So this means happy designers for happy clients.

Get graphic design, logo design, website design, UI design, print design, identity design, pretty much any type of graphic design. Get great quality without the ridiculous agency fees & overhead. www.Upstack.com

• 37 posts
    June 21, 2012 1:15 AM EDT

I think web designer is good way to make more and more money quick and fast. There are many advantages of web designer like it is very flexible, getting good packages and you can also easily working at home.

-------------------------
    PHP Web Development | PHP Application Development | PHP Developer India

Well, I am agree with your saying web designer is a good options to make the money quicker and faster. Lots of benefits of web designer it is very  extensible and specially good option to work from  home.

---
    adobe photoshop training courses in sydney

• 55 posts
    June 21, 2009 7:32 PM EDT
    Hello.

In order to determine whether you need a web designer or a webmaster, you have to know the difference between the two, if you believe there is a difference.  Until you know that, you may be using one, but maybe not the right one - or maybe it makes no difference?

If there truly is a difference and when you are not using the right one, you may find that you`ve under-budgeted and have fallen short in getting your project completed and launched into `live` production.

So which one do you need -- does it really matter?  How did you make that determination?  Are you sure you`ve made the right choice? Do you think the terminologies are interchangeable, meaning, do you believe they are one and the same?  Is this a trick question?

Tell me what you think.

Have fun with this topic.

P.S.
    I know the answer.

P.S.S. Also, check out the topic "Does "Business Card Marketing" really work???" in StartupNation`s Marketing Forum. This has been a controversial subject for many years for many reasons.  Some business folks swear by handing out business cards while others believe it is a big waste of time and hard-earned money. What do you think?  Do business cards work for you in your marketing efforts?  Feel free to  provide your opinion in that forum topic.  Have fun with this one, too!
    profitizer6/22/2009 12:30 AM

---
    International Business Network, LLC. (IBNETLLC.com)

* Buy Web Traffic (100% Human Targeted) at...
    The Advertising Wall (.com) | VisitorsGalore.com

* Add Your Website Link to the LinkToUs.net Directory! (SEO backlinks)

Other Resources:
    * Website Traffic Repair (.com)   |  * Health Care Statistics (.org)   |   * Cardio Workout (.tv)

• 55 posts
    June 22, 2009 9:34 AM EDT
    so, should we STOP having business cards made?  What should I say when somebody asks me for my business card?

Hi James.

I`ll answer you in the "Does "Business Card Marketing" really work???" thread.

See you there!
    profitizer6/22/2009 2:40 PM

---
    International Business Network, LLC. (IBNETLLC.com)

* Buy Web Traffic (100% Human Targeted) at...
    The Advertising Wall (.com) | VisitorsGalore.com

* Add Your Website Link to the LinkToUs.net Directory! (SEO backlinks)

Other Resources:
    * Website Traffic Repair (.com)   |  * Health Care Statistics (.org)   |   * Cardio Workout (.tv)