Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Homepreneurs

Do I really need a blog for my home business?

• 18 posts
    October 24, 2012 3:12 AM EDT

Great post stacie! 

By updating web logs on a consistent basis, companies can provide valuable information to readers. Visitors become more informed about a company and their product offerings and their interest spikes! If the information they read upon is valuable, they can contact the company to learn how to avail the beneficial product. 

• 10 posts
    July 12, 2012 10:01 AM EDT

Nice post Stacie. However, I would urge people to consider whether they really need a blog before beginning one - it does take a lot of work to write fresh content on a weekly basis, respond to comments etc.

A blog that is not maintained well is somewhat worse than not having a blog at all.

• 29 posts
    January 18, 2013 7:13 PM EST

It takes time and money to invest on blog if you want to build a proper one and focus purely on building up your strong social circle but once you have it your business will start growing up

---
    Online Accounting Degree

• 20 posts
    May 22, 2012 3:03 AM EDT

"Why do I need a blog?"

This is a question that many new entrepreneurs ask when they start a business. The reason you need a blog is that it is the number one way to reach your target audience on the internet.

It is highly recommended for you to have a blog and a website for branding your business.

What is a Blog?

Blog.

Yes, it is a funny sounding word. The word “blog” is actually short for Web log. Not too many people know this, because they take advantage of its short name.

A blog is basically an online diary or journal.

A web log is organized by date and categorized by topic. Blogs are interactive and allow other readers to post their own content, such as comments, to each blog entry.

Are Blogs and Websites the Same Thing?

Blogs are more organized than websites, because the HTML is cleaner for improved indexing by the major search engines.

Search engines, like Google, absolutely love fresh content. Blogs are updated more often than websites.

Blogs have a usually have a huge network of outgoing and incoming links. Links are what you need to rank high in the search engines.

Designing a website costs more than blogs, because revisions made to a website usually take more time and energy to set up and to update.

Blogs are a simple and inexpensive way to expose your business online while you are building your business.

Creating Your Own Business Blog Comes with Four Benefits

1. They can help you gain credibility and a long line of followers.

Are you currently in the infant status of creating your own online presence? An effective way to build your authority is to take the opportunities to share your knowledge. You can do this by creating valuable content in your business blog.

2. You can connect with your readers by sharing thoughts, ideas, and advice.

Your blog is an excellent platform to speak your mind and to create a community for your readers. Your readers would love to interact with you.

The content in your blog should emulate your personality. Never be afraid to share who you are and what you stand for in life.

This will keep your audience coming back for more.

3. You can provide fresh, valuable content for your prospects and future business partners.

You do not have to charge people every time they need your help or advice. If you are truly passionate about what you do, then money will never be an issue.

The useful content in your blog will attract future clients and potential business partners.

Successful entrepreneurs freely give out valuable information on their blogs and do so without being concerned about charging people for sharing their expertise.

4. You can provide web links of other websites and blogs that contain valuable content.

Don’t be hesitant to share valuable content from other experts in your field of business. This will give your audience additional resources to assist them with their problems or goals.

Sharing the web links of other individuals is especially helpful in your early stages of writing valuable content for your blog.

You can do this by re-tweeting a blog post or by sharing topic specific articles from the websites you visit regularly.

The four benefits above should be enough to encourage you to create your first business blog.

Your business can survive without having a blog, but you are missing out on a big piece of your target market pie.

That means you are robbing yourself of potential income that will not be made with just your business website.

I have a free guide available, 3 Secrets To A Profitable Blog For Businessfor anyone that is interested in building a blog or would like to improve their blog.

I hope this helps any in this forum. Many blessings to you all!

---
    Stacie Walker Contact Phone: 210-764-9289 http://www.WomanInLeadership.com Email: stacie@womaninleadership.com

• 20 posts
    May 22, 2012 12:55 PM EDT

Hi C-Payne,

Thank you for the feedback! You made some excellent points, too. I love having a blog for my business because it makes branding a breeze.

To Your Success!

---
    Stacie Walker Contact Phone: 210-764-9289 http://www.WomanInLeadership.com Email: stacie@womaninleadership.com

• 32 posts
    July 11, 2012 9:12 PM EDT

Its not an bad idea. Making use of blogs for promoting the online business is considered to be one of the effective marketing tools to increase traffic to one's website. It is mainly used to increase communication and interaction with targeted customers.

---
    Accounts Receivable Financing & Factoring | Accounts Receivable Funding | Factoring Accounts Receivable | Factoring Company

• 7 posts
    January 24, 2013 6:27 PM EST

I make all of my money online through blogging.

It is super simple and wildly profitable when you are using the right systems.

---

"Do These 3 Things.... And Make Money, Every Time!" FREE Video Reveals How YOU Can Start Making Money Online TODAY!