Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Egumball.com - Anyone Heard of Them?

• 1 posts
    April 22, 2009 5:20 PM EDT
    after being referred to egumball and after speaking with a sales person at egumball i decided to check in on their reputation on the net and found this!

i have to say that i am in complete disagreement with any of the statements that suggest less than honesty from this company egumball. 

during my sales presentation, i was clearly demonstrated my potential position with them in google maps.  i was told that their was no guarantee with any result from their service and their application clearly defines this.

i agree with one other posting - egumball is on the attack. 

i am signing up with egumball for two reasons, one is that they demonstrated results and number two is that they were informative and honest.

thank you.

• 41 posts
    November 23, 2008 7:07 AM EST
    Haven`t heard of this company.  Thanks for the insight though and will check them out.  Always looking for new business relationships.  If you are difficulty with starting, operating or growing your business, you may want to check out our FREE entrepreneur guide as to today`s web 2.0 world.

Thanks again.
    • 1 posts
    January 24, 2012 10:50 AM EST

Hi I wasn't going to bother signing up just to complain, but after reading the comments here by the Egumball rep, (and wiping off the massive amount of slime from my monitor) I felt compelled to add my own experience. 

Somebody from Egumball just contacted me about an hour ago, initially claiming to be an employee of Google, and insisted that if I did not pay for seo then Google would bury my business in the search results.  It was only after I called Google to complain did it become apparent that Google never actually hired Egumball to make such extortions on their behalf.

When I called Egumball, they blew me off.  Totally not interested in hearing how unethical their own employees are.

When a company must resort to lies in order to make a sale -- it's a crap company.  Next time at least pretend to be concerned.

• 9 posts
    November 20, 2008 10:35 AM EST
    Anyone heard of http://www.egumball.com/?  I am interested in getting my company listed online and they have a service that guaruntees you local listings on Google, Yahoo, and MSN for $199/month.  Any suggestions?
    • 9 posts
    December 8, 2008 4:11 AM EST
    This forum post is making me laugh.  I definately think I made the right decision to hold off on this "seo" service. 
    • 9 posts
    December 8, 2008 5:54 AM EST
    So I have a question for Egumball.  I know nothing about Seo or whatever you guys call it, but I noticed that you were giving this lawyer a hard time for his "invisible writing" on his website.  You said it`s a really bad bad thing to do.  So how do you explain this: www.statefarm.com.  They do the exact same thing on their site at the bottom.  Are you saying they are doing something bad?
    • 9 posts
    December 8, 2008 7:42 AM EST
    Well the guy is doing something right because I copied some of those white words into Yahoo and I see him everywhere there!  So Mr. Lawyer (I can`t remember your name - sorry lol), who do you use for this stuff?  Maybe i`ll give them a call.
    • 9 posts
    December 8, 2008 9:36 AM EST
    Um, I`m feeling great.  And I copied the first few phrases on his "white-colored area" and see him up for all of them:

Cleveland Ohio Patent Attorney Lawyer
    Cleveland Ohio Invention Patent Attorney Lawyer
    Cleveland Technology Attorney Lawyer

• 9 posts
    December 8, 2008 10:08 AM EST
    um, I don`t know - I wasn`t trying to say what`s "searched more" - clearly I have no idea!!  I was pointing out that you were condemning him for his website design (the white letters) and I just stated that the words in white seem to pull him up on Yahoo....you always get off topic and throw stones without addressing the issue at hand...jeeze...talk about defensive.
    • 1 posts
    July 5, 2011 11:46 AM EDT

I got a call from MARIO today who when I asked who he was with after he said he was "calling about google maps" hung up on me...I called the company back and asked him why he hung up on me and he said he didn't...than hung up on me again(this time the call was recorded) lets me know that this company is just as crappy as the rest of the SEO companies, when you can't call someone and have a conversation with them without them being snake oil salesman like(not saying they are) but acting like they are...its a red flag..I know I would never do business with a company who uses college kids to telemarket my company acting like they can help me and can't even have a conversation with me.

Just so Google picks up on this thread here are some SEO helps for it..

EGUMBALL

E-GUMBALL

EGUMBALL SEARCH MARKETING

EGUMBALL SCAMMER

EGUMBALL SCAMS

E-GUMBALL PHONE CALLS

949-783-3540 CALL

TELEMARKETING EGUMBALL

SEO EGUMBALL