Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Some of the updates in Web Design and Development

• 3 posts
    November 26, 2011 5:57 PM EST

Eliminating flash is never gonna help guys...

slots spel

euro millions lottery

---

slots spel
    euro millions lottery

• 7 posts
    November 28, 2011 12:50 PM EST

Eventually is the key word.  Right now flash is very well accepted - companies have better things to worry about than writing in HTML 5 for the iPad. If you are focusing on businesses - I'd venture to say that less than 1% of your customers will have an iPad when visiting your website.

---
    Best Name Badges: Looking for quality name badges?
    Fusion Badge: The Standard Reusable Name Tags

• 7 posts
    November 26, 2011 2:14 PM EST

I still don't agree that eliminating flash is the way to go.  Apple may not support it right now, but Android is growing rapidly and fully supports it.

It's ok to use it as a vast majority of most users will have flash enabled when browsing your site.  It's also a good idea to have a placeholder available for users who aren't using flash.

But certainly don't avoid it.

---
    Best Name Badges: Looking for quality name badges?
    Fusion Badge: The Standard Reusable Name Tags

• 55 posts
    November 23, 2011 6:49 PM EST

Some of the updates in Web Design and Development

Introduction of Mobile Websites

After the launch of IPad by Apple, we have seen many new gadgets similar to IPad. Due to this the importance of mobile website got increased among business owner to target the traffic from these mobile device as well.

Elimination of Flash and Intro to New HTML5 tags

The device from Apple stops supporting flash, as result new standard and language has been developed with use of HTML5 to give alternate option for animation in websites. 

Introduction to responsive design standards 

To define certain common scenario for developing a website that perform well in any environment  regardless of technology used for development, concept of responsive web design has been adopted to satisfy the need.

New Open source Technology

With growing internet audience, Wordpress and joomla are not the only Open source CMS remains, new CMS for shopping cart and website management got into the picture to give more functionality and to give into the competition.

Revolution in image development

New typography concept in creating images have given new and broad way to designers to create something unique which also looks simple. texture pattern has also made its position as main concept in creative design.

Above are the some of the major changes I have noticed. Add yours I missed any.