Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Spam Emailing Millions of People

• December 5, 2011 9:32 PM EST

What exactly happens if someone is trusting enough to want to expand certain body parts? Do individuals still drop for them? What is the objective of trash messages, does somebody actually generate income from them?

---
    Auto Loan Rate Quote | Bad Credit Auto Loans

• 9 posts
    December 9, 2011 3:52 AM EST

I think you may be wasting your time with a spam campaign. I, as well as many businesses, constantly fight spam efforts.

---
    bikram yoga benefits

• 741 posts
    October 22, 2007 9:32 AM EDT

In our email marketing ideas, how can I get past spam blockers and such, so that my audience is forced to here my sales pitch.

Anyone know how I can create a pop up ad that people can never stop from opeinging on their computers.

Instead of trying to become the next SPAM King, why don`t you devote your energy to learning how to market your business the right way - which includes targeting individuals whom actually want what you`re selling.

Dale King

DKing2007-10-22 14:33:27

---
    If you`re tired of all the money-making
    hype, lies and scams...read this!
    Click here for more details!

• 3 posts
    November 26, 2011 6:06 PM EST

y do you spam people. Instead use some good ideas for email marketing such a newsletters.

---

slots spel
    euro millions lottery

• 6 posts
    November 30, 2007 9:22 AM EST
    Personally, even if I am in the market for a product or service, I will never purchase anything that is promoted via pop-ups that annoy me. Try real marketing strategies if you feel your product is worth while. JamesBrausch.com has great ideas and tools for this. Making one sale via a pop up is not worth ruining the reputation of your business.
    • 4 posts
    December 10, 2007 5:05 AM EST
    Spammers are rough... every time I see a pop-up ad  I am like "oh crap" which is why I started using Firefox as a web browser.

I am in web design and I never recommend spammers or pop ups.

-m@!
    this rocks!

---

• 84 posts
    October 22, 2007 5:33 AM EDT
    You might be better off marketing to those who might be interested in hearing your pitch, rather than forcing everyone to hear it.  Nobody likes spam!

---
    Oleg Issers | StartupNation.com Web Team

50% of computer programming is trial and error. The other 50% is copy and paste.

• 10 posts
    November 24, 2011 9:18 AM EST

You might be better off marketing to those who might be interested in hearing your pitch, rather than forcing everyone to hear it. 

---
    Recipes by ingredients

• 7 posts
    November 26, 2011 11:07 AM EST

Mass emailing to random lists is 10 years ago.  Your best bet for modern email marketing is to develop lists of targetted contacts and carefully market to them on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

Invest in pay per click advertising with a good landing page that asks for email address/name/etc... the long term benefits can be huge.

---
    Best Name Badges: Looking for quality name badges?
    Fusion Badge: The Standard Reusable Name Tags

• 28 posts
    December 9, 2007 9:34 AM EST
    You might be better off marketing to those who might be interested in hearing your pitch, rather than forcing everyone to hear it.  Nobody likes spam!

I agree. if the link is there, people can choose to click. dont force it on people. it cheapens your image and annoys people...again, no one likes spam unless its with eggs and tobasco sauce

---
    My site: www.entreplanet.com

The community for entrepreneurs!

• 3 posts
    October 22, 2007 3:42 AM EDT

In our email marketing ideas, how can I get past spam blockers and such, so that my audience is forced to here my sales pitch.

Anyone know how I can create a pop up ad that people can never stop from opeinging on their computers.

• 5 posts
    December 10, 2007 4:15 AM EST
    Marquiso, forget about tring to get pass spam filters, what you need is a good marketing system, contact me and I`ll show one.

---
    Free Prospects Fast Easy!
    Simple Way To Empower Your Entire Team To Become Profitable
    Home Based Business Owners Overnight, So Your Attrition Will Be Virtually ZERO.
    http://www.tw-comm.com

• 621 posts
    October 22, 2007 7:31 AM EDT
    Marquiso... I think you may be wasting your time with a spam campaign. I, as well as many businesses, constantly fight spam efforts. I change my email address once a year (and send out an "update my contact info" message to my contacts) to stop the spam bots from locating me.

As it stands, I currently get about 200 (I know for many, this number is small... but not to me) junk emails a day. I used to attempt to "unsubscribe" but really that only works for reputable companies sending me email. I have learned that some `unsubscribe` links/pages are actually `sign this email address up to every junk email list possible,` forms. So to unsubscribe may actually be making the problem worse.

So the 200 or so emails a day are filtered by my spam filter and go directly to trash. Sometimes I do loose a legitimate email to the trash, but it`s very infrequent. All in all, people sending email shouldn`t rely on the email connection as the only contact means.

My point is... Even if you make it into my email box your message is likely sent to trash without being viewed. If you are lucky enough to make it into my incoming mail box, it`s likely the last time you will be there. When I read the subject or first line of the email and determine it as spam, the address (and many times the domain) is marked as spam from that point forward. That means the next time spam is sent from there, it will go directly to my trash.

I think it would be more effective to take a little extra time to determine your target audience and create a quality ad directed to those targets. I know this is a lot of work, compared to spamming, but the fruit on the tree is much larger and juicier.

The likelihood of a spammer listening to the advice of a non-spammer or person against spamming is unlikely. So it`s more likely that you will continue your fight, and I will continue to fight the spam you send me. In the end, you message will not be heard by me. It only takes me the `click` of a button to mark your message as "spam." I am under the impression it takes more work for the spammer to send out the message. Who wins in the long run?

click, click

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words

• 621 posts
    October 22, 2007 8:21 PM EDT
    Even if you switch from one sales spam exploit to another, you will find it difficult to keep up with technology and it will be difficult creating new spam campaigns. How can I put it simply?

Everyone understands the jump in technology that happens each year. There are some equations, which tell us technology will advance so fast from year to year that we will not recognize the devices of the day, in 50 years from now.

So technology, as well as how the average person who understands it, gets smarter in similar exponential values. This means it will get increasingly harder to achieve successful spam campaigns.

At the same time, the law of the land will be against you. That energy could be more wisely used for longer and larger long term profits.

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words