Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Amerilawyer or Legalzoom for Incorporation

• 107 posts
    July 22, 2010 5:36 AM EDT

LegalZoom is a really great company to work with. Their support and advise is really prompt and good.

---
    Seo Consultant | Rattan | Microsoft Dynamics Nav | Autism Singapore | Industrial For Rent | Business Park | Gallbladder Surgery Singapore

• 990 posts
    May 25, 2007 6:27 AM EDT
    hire a lawyer or do it yourself directly with the state - avoid costs associated with legal zoom.  fill out the form - that`s all they do and all they can do.

---
    James Lindon, Ph.D. Patent Attorney
    Lindon & Lindon, LLC
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Pharmacy Law, Litigation
    [this is not legal advice - provided for discussion only]
    Intellectual Property for the Individual and Small Business: Identify, Protect, Enforce, Defend.
    "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
    http://www.LindonLaw.com

• 2 posts
    May 22, 2013 8:47 PM EDT

do you love me ? I like you~ Are you like dancing?

http://www.cheaprsgolds.com/Runescape-Gold/

• 8 posts
    October 3, 2007 8:58 AM EDT

I`ve used legalzoom and bizfilings.  I prefer bizfilings.

Legalzoom does the job but they have so many "partnerships" fielding the sales calls becomes a burden.

If you have the time just go to Ca. Sec of State portal, performa name search, print out the forms, file them yourself.  Much cheaper.  You can get the by-laws at a big box office supply store. 

---
    www.bizbuddypro.com
    Find out how we make investors WANT to do business with YOU
    Get a free business consult - discover how to make more money today.

www.bizbuddypro.com

• 2 posts
    October 3, 2007 8:05 AM EDT

I`ve used both to form two of my companies.

they both provided a good end product, which is an incorporation service. But the problem that I had with legalzoom, is that they are not attorneys. i had a bunch of questions for them and they could not provide legal advice?? that`s because they are not attorney`s but a document generating service. I fealt kind of misled since they have a photo of shapiro on there.

complete opposite with amerilawyer site. they are real attorneys and they will answer all your questions. I fealt really empowered after speaking with them. I recommend them completely, plus they provide a more affordable service.

John

john232007-10-3 13:6:38
    • 2 posts
    October 5, 2007 4:21 PM EDT

I haven`t use bizfilings yet.

the thing that i liked about amerilawyer.com is that they customized everything for you. the articles and by laws were very thorough. plus you get to ask all the questions you want from one of their attorneys. i was impressed with the service. the funny thing is that you could never ask bizfilings are "shapiro" any legl questions. they won`t answer them because they`re not a law firm. and that`s why i was impressed with amerilawyer. I really fealt confident after finishing my consultation with the attorney. (thanks Mr. Hardy)

• 14 posts
    May 24, 2007 3:43 PM EDT
    Has anyone used amerilawyer or legalzoom to form their corporation?  I`m incorporating in CA as an S corp)?  Any feedback on their services would be greatly appreciated!
    • 14 posts
    May 25, 2007 12:11 PM EDT
    Thanks both for your replies! 
    • 2 posts
    February 8, 2013 9:24 AM EST

I used Perfectdocs, because I found a good discount code for it "attorney1" - think it is 50% off. I had a good experience. These forms could give you some information and guidance.
    http://www.perfectdocs.org

good luck