Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Marketing with no budget

• 51 posts
    March 5, 2013 12:16 AM EST

I tin the only bit of marketing you can do without a budget  is social media. Or SEO on your own if you know it. Else word of mouth is still the best and most trusted though it is under rated these days.

---
    Customer analytics | growth strategy

• 5 posts
    March 8, 2013 12:17 AM EST

Marketing with no budget means giving your time or being good at talking your friends in helping you out. There are many greeat advices already mentioned, yes, consider all the free social media sites (while they are that), and just be as creative aspossible. If you already own a site, make sure to regularl update your blog with valuable info and promote the posts, Google tends toreward quality content. You can also promote your bsiness by printing a set of business cars that will cost little, and marcharound the area where you are located. A card can find you an investor, a client, a partner. These days, it is not so much about the marketing budget, as much as about your ability to understand the tendencies of attention.

• 120 posts
    March 6, 2013 11:24 AM EST

Volunteer

One great way to get your name, product or service in front of a lot of people is to volunteer. “It’s good for the community and it’s good for business,” says Carrie Kingsbury, owner of Promiseland Art, a Pennsylvania-based mural company. She just painted the stage set for a middle school play as a way to participate in the community, as well as get her business name out there.

Network

Join your local chamber of commerce and attend its business card exchanges and other events. The chamber or another local business group may offer deals in advertising because the group places collective ads as a way to stretch individual business ad dollars.

Generate Buzz

If you want to generate media buzz centering on your business, consider holding a promotional event to highlight a new product or service. If your business isn’t introducing a new product, try holding a promotional event around a “holiday.” For example, Rita’s Italian Ice celebrates the first day of spring each year by giving away a free sample water ice. Submit your promotion to the local news media.

Be an Expert

Share your expertise with your clients through videos and webinars offered on your company’s website. Shooting a video doesn’t have to be expensive; using today’s technology, almost anyone can do it for free. That said, watch out for quality. You’re using this video as a tool to show off your expertise and experience in the industry to gain customers, and you want it to reflect your best self.

Target Your Dollars

It goes without saying that you want to get the most from every marketing dollar spent. However, to make those dollars count, you want to make sure you’re targeting the right audience. Concentrate your efforts on a geographical location that works best for you, and determine who your customers are—these are your key market segments.”

---
    Looking for the latest information on mortgage rates? Get a loan you love by visiting LoanLove.com and learn from our helpful experts.

• 3 posts
    March 3, 2013 2:13 AM EST

SEO
    Social Media & Online Communities / Forums
    Classified Ads (Craigslist, Backpage, Kijiji, Gumtree, OLX, Oodle)
    Cold Email / Cold Calling
    Local Networking
    eBay & Amazon - trust me, it's worth it despite the fees!
    Shopping Comparison Sites like TheFind (free)

As you grow these avenues, put 50% of your profits into marketing so you can grow your business fast.  

• 14 posts
    March 12, 2013 11:36 PM EDT

I think Emailing is one of the best options here. It takes no cost. And you can directly Present your business in the hand of its required audience. Just draft a promotional mail that contains the details about your business, products or services. Make it attractive but simple and send it to all your targeted audiences. This will help you to generate good leads.

• 5 posts
    March 15, 2013 8:05 AM EDT

Look for complimentary businesses in your area with whom you can connect to begin creating a referral network. I agree with devid_john that a strong email marketing strategy is key. Networking isn't exactly free but it's low-cost and can have a good ROI when done correctly i.e. find networking groups and events that you resonate with AND where your ideal customers are. Your local chamber may or may not be a good fit for you, so look around to see what other business networking groups are in your area. A high-probability prospect list + direct mail helps too.

Good luck silverbling! Much of marketing is trying different things, figuring out what works and repeating it over and over and over. Let us know how it goes.

---
    Turning stories into gold

• 1 posts
    March 8, 2013 5:15 AM EST

Have you ever thought of hiring an unpaid marketing intern? If you live near a college, it would be fairly simple to find one. They could do online marketing activities like making infographics, handle your social media, create linking opportunities. You would, of course, have to invest the time to search for a person and train them, but it wouldn't take any extra cash.

---
    CWHighlights.com
    Resources for Entrepreneurs

• 7 posts
    March 16, 2013 4:41 PM EDT

It's difficult no doubt about it. So many ways not enough time.

Here's an example. Do well with free give away products. A print shop needs more customers. They use free software to create business cards and flyers. They promote on networks that we design for free. Sometimes they just make a flyer and share the gift without even contacting the prospect first.

Point is, it takes us 2 minutes to create a gift and share it. People like the gesture and in return prospects will talk about the great surprise. They will more than likely remember you the next time they need a service like yours too.

Target your prospects and make them work for you.

---
    Joe from citeads.com - FREE classifieds for businesses

• March 5, 2013 8:22 PM EST

emailing prospects is free, even with MailChimp  if your list is smaller than 2,000 and you are sending less than 12,000 emails a month.

The cost will come in buying the contact data if you don't have it already. You might be able to go the public library and scan/photocopy the stuff out the business directories they have in there.

---
    CamisOnline - Online Business Admin Tool

• 29 posts
    March 1, 2013 12:12 AM EST

SEO And Social Media marketing are your best option you can learn nearly everything if you do proper research about it

---
    Online Accounting Degree

• 7 posts
    March 10, 2013 7:16 AM EDT

I have been having some traction within my BNI meeting.  If you don't know, its a business network group, meeting once a week.  you can expand on that using their power teams.  

Also try businessleads.com.  I havn't used it, but i saw that you can pledge dollars for what you wil pay for an introduction to an sales opportunity.   

did you not see a value to your PPC campaigns?  

Ralph

FinishLineCapital.com

• 1 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:30 PM EST

Hello

Can anyone suggest ways of marketing with no budget?

I have the social sites, building backlinks etc but I need to get my sites name known to a mass market without spending any money

Even though I have 2700 pages indexed I seem to be getting very little organic traffic since I stopped paying for PPC, with all the algoritym changes is there a way to get high visibility?

Running a business takes so much time I cannot sit typing 8 hours  a day to add to blogs and I am running out of ideas

Any help or mad ideas would be greatly appreciated

---
    www.sterlingsilverjewellery.ie

• 3 posts
    September 30, 2014 7:01 AM EDT
    Try the use of simple print marketing medium, I have tried using canvass print for my bsuiness an dthat was the start of all good, try the idea from this guide http://www.digiteksf.com/canvas-prints-2/
    • 3 posts
    October 2, 2014 6:58 PM EDT
    Your time time and more time. Lot's of dedication and a plan.
    • 83 posts
    October 6, 2014 9:28 AM EDT
    Today, everything costs but you can minimalise these costs.
    • 20 posts
    October 7, 2014 5:17 AM EDT
    If you don't have any budget to promote your brand, it would be best if you are going to focus on building your social media presence. SEO is good too. However, it is much more complicated. You just need to know how to manage your social media accounts and that would be fine.