Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Public Relations

Do small businesses pay for press release services?

• 51 posts
    December 5, 2012 10:52 PM EST

Actually writing of press releases is mostly done by the businesses' public relations agency itself. I don't think it happens on an individual level. Or you could get employed in a company or a PR agency as a content writer.

---
    Customer analytics | growth strategy

• 11 posts
    June 15, 2013 1:19 AM EDT

Yes they give this facility and i think they will charge a very little amount from you. 

---
    Project Templates

• 76 posts
    October 22, 2007 3:46 AM EDT

Hi Shayla,

Small businesses do purchase press-release writing services. For current fees, I would suggest checking with other writers in your local area and conducting an Internet search. We actually offer this service through StartupNation too.

I wish you all the best,

Melanie

---
    Melanie Rembrandt
    CEO, Rembrandt Communications®, LLC
    Visit www.rembrandtwrites.com for valuable PR tips and SEO copywriting help!
    Twitter: @RembrandtWrites

• 7 posts
    February 18, 2013 9:29 AM EST

There are some small businesses that will hire freelance writers for press releases. I recommend going to freelance websites like Elance or ODesk to begin with. Here you will both find projects to apply for as well as get an idea of what others are charging for this type of service. The payment is really all over the board, so you will have to decide yourself what you think your services are worth. 

Do you have PR experience already? Then you should be able to charge a bit more for your services. If you are just starting out, consider writing a few releases for clients at a lower wage. This will help you build up your portfolio to help you snag the bigger wages further on down the road. 

Good luck in your endeavors. 

• 10 posts
    February 22, 2013 4:27 PM EST

Hi Shayla,

I am sure small businesses with no PR agency would go to individual PR agents for a low cost solution. As for the price, PRpro's suggestion is good. You can also check sites like Fiverr.com for idea on the price or some other popular freelancing sites.

---
    Patrick Meyer - C-level Advisor, Business 3.0 Thought Leader & Keynote Speaker. For more info, visit at http://www.patrickmeyer.com.

• 46 posts
    October 21, 2007 9:55 AM EDT
    Hello.

I am interested in writing press releases for small businesses. Do they pay for this type of service? If so, what would be a good price per release? Where can I advertise? Thanks.

---
    S. Price
    info@iambuzzworthy.com
    http://iambuzzworthy.com
    Every Business Deserves Attention!

• 148 posts
    March 21, 2014 10:30 AM EDT

Hey guys,

we are Fabian and Ivan from Hamburg, Germany and try to realize our lifetime dream through Kickstarter (Crowd funding).

In fact we dislike self-promotion in terms of spam but in our current position there is no other possibility and otherwise we can bury our lifetime dream.

Our plan is to found a new fashion brand. Fashion means to us shoes, fragrances for him and her and headphones. Our marketing-concept is based on promotion through celebrities. In the past it was possible to us to get a good connection to popular people. There onto we want to open a store in Los Angeles, Hollywood to emphasize the elegance and exclusivity.

For our big plan we need 3.5Mio € to be competitive on the international market. In this cause we published our intentions on Kickstarter to get our project financed through crowd funding.

It would be awesome if you support us. Every euro brings us further and of course we have little considerations for you helping us.

We got after 12 hours almost 12.000€.

We thank you with all our heart and you can have a look at the following link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1487919235/los-angeles-wings-shoes-fragrances-headphones

Best regards,

Fabian and Ivan

• 11 posts
    July 13, 2014 9:04 AM EDT
    With online media outlets like prweb and prnewswire, and a slew of news release templates and examples online, it's easier than ever for a sole prop to craft his own release and distribute it to the right channels. So, "yes" individual people are fully capable of writing and distributing their own press release. Your angle for a business service would be how you can do that job better for them or so they don't have to waste the time themselves. People don't care about your ability to write a release for them or not. They only care about two things and that's how many phone calls they get from a release or how many websites posted the release with a link back to their website. Show those results and that's what will get you more paying clients.