Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Business License’s Needed For E-Commerce?

• 23 posts
    November 13, 2007 7:50 AM EST
    Very cool that we could help.

---
    Credit Card Counseling / Small Business Owner

• 355 posts
    August 3, 2007 1:02 PM EDT

Hi all,

In Nevada, as a general rule with e-commerce, you have to have a business license if you are selling a tangible product.  Intellectual products don`t require a license.

But, each state and even each community is different.

nevadascul2007-8-5 20:0:58

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 2 posts
    July 16, 2007 5:59 PM EDT

I have my own website and well I just went over to my local city hall and asked around about starting a business. And well we figured out that I didn`t really need a LLC or Inc. to get started. Untill your getting to the point where you`ll need legal advice when you have a bigger operation.

---
    Cali Boardwear, The True Essence of Freedom...

• 2 posts
    October 31, 2007 5:09 AM EDT
    I wasn`t the one to ask the question, but I want to thank the answerers!  A few years ago I opened a business and had used the SBDC in my area and in all the hubbub of opening the new business I forgot about them....so thanks for the reminder, I have a meeting in a week
    • 1 posts
    November 20, 2007 8:12 PM EST
    I learned from the forums at startupnation.com that I could save money by registering a business license and getting a sales tax permit for my new e-commerce business( WishingGifts.com ) just by doing a little research and going to the business website of my state of NJ.  I registered, got my tax id # and filed for a sales tax permit all in one evening.  Real easy stuff!  Good luck on your business!

---
    President/Owner
    Wishing Gifts LLC
    WishingGifts.com

Visit my site and give me some feedback on my new site. Use code: "WISH" for 10% off orders for your time and help.

• 2 posts
    June 12, 2007 8:48 AM EDT

Hi,

I am setting up my LLC on Bizfiling.com and it offers a service for $75 that will seek out all the license`s I need for my business. I was wondering if I really need this and if you guys know what license`s I need. I will be running an e-commerce website with no employees at this time and won`t be selling products directly from the onset, but will have contests and do affiliate selling. Any info you could provide would be most helpful..

Thanks,

Sharon

• 40 posts
    June 12, 2007 11:13 AM EDT
    In this case it is much better to ask permission than to beg forgiveness. You
    need to contact your state and local governments and find out what licenses
    you need. The licenses should not cost that much and are not that hard to
    apply for. Make sure you contact your city, county, and state to see what you
    need. You could pay the $75.00 fee and save you some time, but it really
    was a pretty easy thing for me to do on my own, and I am sure that you
    would have no trouble doing it either!
    /pages/community/smileys/smiley4.gif

---
    Sharon Murphy
    Owner
    Northwoods State of Mind, Inc.
    NorthWoods

• 16 posts
    September 1, 2007 11:07 PM EDT
    try a Google search for your states SBDC Small Business Development Center. This is a great resource for the startup.

---
    4Corners Web Services - Your Partner for Online Success!

Looking for capital to start or expand your business?