Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » People and Companies Who Inspire

Niche Businesses

• June 23, 2013 10:19 PM EDT

Niche businesses are the cutest. And it's so much harder to survive as a niche business unless your business adresses a real need that customers recognize.

---
    The Interface Division is where our best user experience designers work exclusively on UI/UX projects.

• 4 posts
    October 5, 2009 3:40 PM EDT

I think I'm starting a bit of a niche business so it's great to hear all the positive response. I recently opened the design studio: Duk Design, but the clientele my design attracts is definitely a very specific small group. It's great working with like-minded people but I might have to get more mainstream unless I find new ways to market my business.

Duk Design

Vanessa Hansford

www.dukdesign.com

---
    Duk Design Vanessa Hansford www.dukdesign.com

• 8 posts
    May 31, 2013 8:14 AM EDT

there's this girl who started google for dogs. millionaire now.

another guy who started selling pre-owned engagement rings. also a millionaire now.

---
    FREE web dev and IT services for start ups

• 37 posts
    May 15, 2013 7:08 PM EDT

In the online world if you want to build business, and it definitely should be a niche business, unless you have a multimillion dollar advertising budget.

Because the cost of operating a business on the Internet are so much lower. A shopping mall has high running costs, because they need to pay the rent or lease and they need to pay lot of employees and they need to move the inventory.

The opposite of a niche business is a shopping mall. In a shopping mall you can kind of find everything. You can find for what’s you can find bread and fine foods and drinks and cigarettes and minicourse and clothes and books and CDs and more. These are all-in-one stores.

---
    Wordpress Development Company | Wordpress Development Service

• 29 posts
    February 22, 2013 4:37 PM EST

If you plan a good strategy niche businesses can lead to success online through affiliate marketing and stuff

---
    Online Accounting Degree

• 2 posts
    April 10, 2011 11:25 PM EDT

Niche businesses offer the perfect opportunity to get started. You don't need much money and you can leverage technology to compete in the world market and make a descent living. This has only been possible in resent history.

With the technology that is available today, a new business can be created around just about any hobby or personal interest. This enables a new entrepreneur to focus on something that they are truly passionate about and connect with others who are equally passionate. This makes defining the ideal customer and marketing to them so much easier.

The new methods of social marketing are just beginning to be fully utilized and niche marketers will be the ones to do it. If it's done the right way it's possible to really crush it with huge financial rewards.

• 6 posts
    February 16, 2013 5:39 PM EST

Creating a niche business and targeting a smaller, more focused audience can help you develop your business and maximize your sales potential. But the selection of niche is very important for rapping a huge reward. Inventory of skills, interests and knowledge plays a vital role in the selection of business niche.

• 65 posts
    March 13, 2011 3:23 AM EDT

The niche business should have the potential to scale up. Otherwise you're just bringing yourself into a corner.

---
    Cure Autistic Adults | SEO Consultant | Industrial For Rent | Business Park | Colorectal Cancer Screening

• 86 posts
    January 3, 2012 7:32 AM EST

I don't believe a niche business takes more work to get the word out there.

Also, with a niche, you can charge much more money for more specialized  products.

On the internet you can find the people who want what you've got immediately. They're already lined up as "Presumers" on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Meetup, Youtube or whatever.  

I believe that if you don't have a niche, you better have a lot more money for ads  and be prepared to earn a lot less money per customer. 

---
    If you feel out of control, confused, bored or stuck in your business, go to www.millionairementorsaccess.com to claim your free gift!

• 86 posts
    January 18, 2012 5:16 AM EST

I've found that in Niche businesses, there is a lot of opportunity for partnerships.  When you've got something that compliments a "competitor" it is a great way to refer business to each other.

---
    If you feel out of control, confused, bored or stuck in your business, go to www.millionairementorsaccess.com to claim your free gift!

• 2 posts
    May 4, 2009 6:30 AM EDT
    I love niche businesses; they have a harder time getting picked up by the media and have to work that much harder to gain attention and momentum. Typically, they do what they do because they feel a strong passion for their niche, knowing they have something special and  unique to offer the world. It`s great when they succeed and move ahead, full force - well done everyone!

---
    Personal Child Stories
    http://www.personalchildstories.com

Mommy Perks
    http://www.mommyperks.com

• 11 posts
    December 24, 2012 12:05 AM EST

Being a niche business means being both unique and good at being so. Following a trend or offering sub-par services will not allow you to profit. If you are good enough and offer unique enough services, you can make a large return in investment.

When people go to a niche business rather than a larger chain, they expect higher quality than what the chain can provide. You cannot compete with the higher range of costumes the bigger store can provide unless your costumes really are of exceptional quality.

When thinking up an idea for a niche business, you need to ensure two main things. The first is that there is actually a market for the niche you are attempting to fill. Often this step will happen even before you come up with an idea. Bigger business can do this by offering as many services as possible, making it convenient to do it all in one place.

---
    Web Development Company | Web Development Portfolio | Web Development Blog

• 19 posts
    March 1, 2014 2:34 PM EST

My niche business has been in the Mom-Entrepreneurial realm. I want to motivate and inspire more mothers to become successful Mom-Entrepreneurs. I even developed a FREE 6DAY workshop sharing my journey to success, inlight of inpiring more success stories. www.themomentrepreneurs.com

It may not be a popular niche yet, but I hope to make it one soon.

Peace, Love and Success

www.themomentrepreneurs.com