Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

How to create a successful forum in your website.

• 44 posts
    November 27, 2007 2:49 PM EST
    How do you create a forum similar to the one on this site? How easy is it and whats the cost?
    • 6 posts
    January 6, 2013 2:26 AM EST

I have also been thinking of creating a forum on my site. All of your comments are extremely helpful to me making a decision.

The ones I have been looking at are through WP. I found them under the plugins by searching 'forum'.

I don't know if your site is built on WP or not. If so, this would be a simple addition of plugin.

---
    Daisy Lee Beacon Say this out loud - "yes I Can" --- "Just do it now" --- "Don't Quit!" These are phrases that have got me through so much in life. I hope they work for you too! :) Free Gift

• 741 posts
    November 28, 2007 7:49 AM EST
    How do you create a forum similar to the one on this site? How easy is it and whats the cost?

Wow...you`re talking about about a lot of work! At least, that`s what a few of the forum owners I know told me. Why do you want to create a forum? Are you trying to build a community? Because you can actually build a blog community a heck of a lot easier and faster. 

In my opinion, you should start a blog first to gauge interest in your topic. And then if successful, transfer your blog readers over to your forum.

Dale King
    DKing11/28/2007 1:52 PM

---
    If you`re tired of all the money-making
    hype, lies and scams...read this!
    Click here for more details!

• 38 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:14 PM EST

If you want to make your forum successful then you need to collect a lot of information regarding to your forum topic such as rules, great ideas,  Mature and Professional, add some fun topics, etc. After that you need to find good friends, very important to make sure everything works.  You can use anyone default application for coding, Add some custom styles, Logo, etc, to your forum. Once complete your forum then you need to promote it. So their are several options for marketing to your forum website such as Advertising, Affiliating and Partnerships, Search Engine Optimization, etc.  

---
    Market Research | Market Report | Industry Analysis

• 12 posts
    January 23, 2013 5:03 AM EST

There are several free forum scripts out there. Check out www.phpbb.com, this will get you set right up. However, getting actual people to participate in your forum is the hard part. You need a niche or incentive(pay them to post on your forums, or provide extremely useful information which draws in people) to start builing a community.

I agreed with you. I have too use these phpbb into my website. It simply you need something information about the programming. Its better to hire the developer. 

---
    Insurance Guest Blog