Inspiration

My mom died exactly 4 years ago today. She is the sweetest lady I have ever known. Now, after four years, I can think about her and not remember so much the 4-year cancer battle or the way her body failed her those last months. I remember her vibrant, smiling, lovely countenance. My mom, the president of her senior class in college, the May Queen as a teenager, loving wife to my father for 44 years, died on May Day 2002. She was the best Mom anyone could ever have.

The way she lived her life, embracing every single day and truly treating it as a very special gift, is an inspiration for me on those days when I’m focused solely on myself.

Today on the StartupNation community forums there are a couple of topics that are specifically talking about inspiration. Jeff Fisher talks about his garden as a great source of inspiration. Kim shares how September 11, 2001 and the rebuilding at ground zero inspired her to start her business. MeLissa points to a special event in her life as the turning point to start up her wedding consultant business.

Anniversaries are powerful things. We celebrate birthdays & wedding anniversaries, and specific dates on the calendar can take on very special meaning for us.

May 1 is one of those days for me.

Total
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
close up picture of the sapling of the plant is growing
Read More

27 Emerging Industries and Promising Startup Opportunities

In the dynamic landscape of startups, founders and CEOs are at the forefront of identifying and capitalizing on emerging industries and trends. From leveraging personal branding to reducing food waste with innovative technology, we've gathered...