Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Everything we missed with the other categories

Global Partnerships

• 37 posts
    May 8, 2012 2:09 AM EDT

This is a very innovative thought of yours and would be very interesting to have such discussions.

• 4 posts
    May 1, 2012 7:17 AM EDT

I think it is a good idea, I am sure we can come up with some good ideas.

---
    A Manish man

• 1 posts
    April 4, 2012 11:25 PM EDT

Starting up a business in Japan (or any other foreign country I imagine) is not easy - the first time. Having done it once I am looking to plunge back in again. Many ideas here are picked up from the US. Facebook, for example, has its own local version which came out here a few years after the first SNS appeared in the US. Amazon, Ebay, Google, Groupon, Youtube - the list is endless - but these ideas were all picked up and copied early from the US invariably by large Japanese internet conglomerates looking to profit on Silicon Valley ideas. Entrepreneurship in Japan is almost non-existent largely due to socio-cultural factors and big business crushes any new-comers - unless they come early enough. Which is why I write this post ..... I am looking to start a group which shares ideas about great business ideas that are flourishing and bring them to foreign shores through partnerships - before local conglomerates get a hold of them. That way the idea generators can also profit from their original ideas ..... Seeking thoughts on starting a group like this within StartupNation!