Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Thoughts and opinions on my new startup

• 6 posts
    August 25, 2008 4:41 PM EDT
    I have a new startup ready to launch called AcruxAds. We are a self-service advertising company. I`m hoping to get thoughtful insights on our business idea and service. My website is http://www.acruxads.com

Here`s a list of items I`m looking for help on.
    • Looking for critiques on website design
    • Looking for critiques on website presentation
    • Thoughts on Business Idea
    • Ideas where I can market my service?

Also I`m curious what the SUN community thinks on; How many potential customers could use our service? I think our customers will be websites that target a local audience that can sell ad space to local businesses.

I know we have a few competitors out there but from being a local business owner I think we offer a good value to customers. Let me know your thoughts and they are much appreciated!

---
    Acrux Ads

• 6 posts
    August 26, 2008 5:26 PM EDT
    Okay to get things started:

• I am trying to improve graphics - specifically demonstration page.
    • Also want to add a graphic on the apply page that states it`s free to apply with no obligations.
    Also, once a few customers are signed up and operating I would like to put a link that directs potential customers to see a few existing customers service and see how it works from a first-hand perspective.

---
    Acrux Ads

• 6 posts
    September 3, 2008 12:54 PM EDT
    Thanks for the reply.

I agree our site needs to be more clear. My intentions are not to compete with Openx, adbrite, etc. They offer a great program and it would be really hard to compete.

An example of who I plan on targeting would be a local promotions company. Someone that offers information about local entertainment, restaurants, bars, etc. That way someone that owns a bar in the area could easily go on to their site and place an ad. After stating that does that at all change your perspective of our service? Also, I made this site a year ago to test out our original ad creator, you can see how our service works with the site www.miosta.com

I do like your suggestion on allowing site owners to approve ads. I`m trying to get a few customers then I`ll probably begin programming that feature.

I appreciate your suggestions and will start working on making the site more clear for our visitors.

---
    Acrux Ads

• 6 posts
    September 11, 2008 4:27 PM EDT
    HostClick:

Okay we changed the front page to Text and got rid of a lot of images. We are still working on the Demo page and a few others. If you go back to it could you let me know if our homepage is more clear about our service this time?

Thanks

---
    Acrux Ads

• 6 posts
    October 10, 2013 8:59 PM EDT

its not up