Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Opinions Wanted: Healthcare Startup

• 1 posts
    February 21, 2012 4:01 AM EST

My friend and I are currently working on an early stage healthcare startup concept, and are seeking feedback from potential users (patients of all types---ie, all of us!)

I'm sure many of us have been through the experience of having a loved one with a chronic disease. Frequently one of the most frustrating parts of the process is not having access to the medical records that document the details of their care, especially when we can't accompany them to appointments (as the case often is these days). Moreover, whenever we do manage to get a hold of these records, understanding them frequently is challenging given the terminology used by doctors in their documentation.

Thus, our basic goal is to make medical records more accessible and understandable for patients and their loved ones. 

-Would you use a tool like this to better understand and engage with the care of a loved one? Would you be willing to pay for it? If so, how much?

-What about your own medical care---would you use this tool to better understand your own records?

-What sorts of features would you want to see in either case?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

• 1 posts
    February 21, 2012 6:07 PM EST

Hi, nice idea. But it is difficult to get the medical records. Can you get them easily? I am interested in calories and stomach pain disease, for example, currently, I am doing research on lower abdominal pain. In my opinion, if you can share the records with a simple and easy to understand method, you will be successful.