Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Did you do better than last year for online sales?

• 270 posts
    February 12, 2009 11:14 AM EST

I know this may sound like I am tooting my company’s horn, but I thought many SUN members would like to know the following.  At least it is one way to deal with hard times and I think it is bad to keep it secret.

For a little different perspective on this forum post topic, I can let you in on what many of our Internet retail customers are reporting now that the holidays are over.  We had many of our customers tell us that they did so well last year that they did not want their competition to know that they use our methods and products.  Weird comment but it is true!

If you are interested in seeing what one of our customers had to say, there is a story being featured at featured at Endicia.com and our web site this month.  You can go to one of these sites or see it directly by visiting:

http://www.harveysoft.com/cps_pgs/custom/NiagaraCycleHSICS.p df

Basically many of our customers were successful in 2008 by expanding their markets and closing more sales by adjusting how they dealt with shipping costs when closing the sale at their web site, then optimizing their cost of shipping with multi-carrier shipping software like ours.  There, a shameful sales pitch but it is a fact.

In addition to this, we have also noticed that there seems to be an improvement in volumes shipped in January 2009 over those seen in January 2008 for our customers.  This improvement is in the 1-2% range.  I feel this up-tick this is not only our methods but the economy may be doing a little better too.  I just hope it holds up!

---
    Bert at Harvey Software, Inc.
    Multi-Carrier Shipping Software and Supply Chain Solutions for Internet Retailers

Also a provider of free shipping information and resources at Harvey Software`s Parcel Shipping Blog along with free tracking solutions at TrackingPage.com...

• 270 posts
    February 20, 2009 8:52 AM EST

Sudznbubbles, how has on-line sales been for the last 60 days?  Our customers continue to see a 1-2% increase over last year at the same time.  They did notice the annual Valentines Day spike was not as big this year but overall for the month they are still seeing continued growth for February.  Do you concur?

---
    Bert at Harvey Software, Inc.
    Multi-Carrier Shipping Software and Supply Chain Solutions for Internet Retailers

Also a provider of free shipping information and resources at Harvey Software`s Parcel Shipping Blog along with free tracking solutions at TrackingPage.com...

• 376 posts
    December 29, 2008 8:34 AM EST
    Sales were WAY up for me this year, but I had only launched last black Friday.  I have had all year to promote for this year, and it paid off.  I am down from "projections" which I made last year, but I just wasn`t taking into account the recent financial mess.  But hey... up is up right?!

---
    Leslie
    Founder and President
    Charmed Life Products LLC
    Grill Charms™… The MUST HAVE grilling accessory that is revolutionizing the American Cook-out AND The perfect gift for any occasion!
    Grill Charms

• 747 posts
    December 27, 2008 2:43 AM EST
    On average online sales this year were down 2.3%.
    So if your sales were equal or better than last year . . . congrats! You beat most other online retailers

~Roland

---
    Web Design | Best Beef Jerky | ecommerce articles | Follow vwebworld on Twitter

• 2 posts
    February 19, 2009 1:39 PM EST
    I noticed an increase between 07 and 08 for online sales.  Might also be that I am marketing more as well.  Lets hope 2009 will be even better. 

---
    Check Out Our Bubblin Bakery!!
    http://www.sudznbubbles.com/store