Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Cost of hiring a web designer

• June 21, 2013 2:33 AM EDT

Although having a draft website could help the designer to understand your needs, it really won't make a big difference, as you need to provide the website content and some sort of structure anyway.

Furthermore, most designers prefer to design the website from scratch rather than to revamp it. 

---
    The Interface Division is where our best user experience designers work exclusively on UI/UX projects.

• 39 posts
    May 24, 2013 10:56 PM EDT

If you hiring a professional website designer,you need to check whether the designer will design your website very nice and as you expected.Also look a designer who design for low cost.Ask them before designing whether they will redesign your site or not.To design your website visit the site www.Thewebpole.com here also you can get website designing service at low cost.The professional designer will design your site very beautifully.Every month 30 minutes of updates available in this service.At the time of update you can tell your problems or any modification in design etc..they will do it for you.It is best than hiring a website designer to design your site.I have designed my website using this website designing service.

• 40 posts
    May 29, 2013 1:22 AM EDT

cost of website design depends upon your requirement & vendor to vendor. website design or redesign generally cost you around $400 to $1200.

---
    Free Website Builder : Create a Free Website for Small Business | WebStartToday.com

• 2 posts
    June 9, 2012 1:54 PM EDT

Is there a figure anyone could give me as to what to expect to pay a professional web designer to design a web site (ballpark figure)?  What if you already have a website designed by yourself but would like their redesign of it?

---
    Artie Van Why

• 1 posts
    June 9, 2013 9:51 PM EDT

Yes ofcourse there are so many, someone suggested me webdotdesign, and now i am also searching that whether this is true or not?

• 2 posts
    June 22, 2013 7:31 AM EDT

According to Next Screen , Cost depends upon type of design .There are

two type design demand mostly come which are mentioned below :

Custmization web design
        Fresh web design
        Flash web design but less demanding due to flash is not seo friendly.

Before start web design , check website portfolio, testimonials, website budget.

---
    Next Screen - Web Design & Web Development Company India

• 16 posts
    June 15, 2012 8:22 PM EDT

In my opinion good web designers are those who can recognize your saying and your mind that what you want to get and what is in your mind however there are a lot of websites and companies offering business logo designing products and services.

---
    PHP Web Development | PHP Application Development | PHP Developer India

• 3 posts
    October 28, 2012 5:54 AM EDT

HI There. If your looking for website design prices check out my website - I have designed hundreds of websites and my prices are very competitive. 

---
    SEO In Dundee - A Professional web designer for small to medium sized businesses with over 10 years experience.

• 11 posts
    October 24, 2012 12:32 PM EDT

It does take a long time, but I've build a site with SBI and I've done some with Wordpress. The SBI site gets an average of aout 1,00 hits a day, the others get almost nothing.

Building a successful website has many facets, if you want long term success there's no real shortcut, it's really a combination of time and money. If you have loads of money to invest, then you can engage a web designer and SEO. However you'll still have to come up with the content, which is the aspect of SBI which takes so long. Check this out.

• 11 posts
    October 22, 2012 10:18 AM EDT

It's a lot like asking how much does a car cost. Some people will say $200 from an auction, some will send you to the Mercedes or Cadillac dealership.

To a large extent you get what you pay for, but resist the temptation to spend a lot. I site which looks incredible MAY not perform as well as an 'ordinary' site. 

You might consider doing the initial site yourself with SBI which has a great model for generating traffic.

• 6 posts
    June 17, 2013 7:47 PM EDT

A good web designer plays an important role in the success of ay business. Cost of hiring a web designer depends on which type of work you required. A fully functioning E-commerce site with maintenance web page design costs can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for a large company with many different product offerings.

---
    IOS Developer India

• 3 posts
    October 23, 2012 9:09 PM EDT

I've already heard about SBI. I understand it as a way that takes a lot of time. And I think avanwhy wants to save time and spend money.

• 14 posts
    June 10, 2013 9:49 PM EDT

I have out sourced my web designing work to few Asian countries like India and china also to Philippines and have got good results but content writing for website is a major problem if you are outsourcing your work to India.

---
    Buying Leads|Solo Ad Advertising

• 8 posts
    June 9, 2012 7:45 PM EDT

Price totally varies. A good web designer charges anywhere from $40 to $200 an hour. Yet you can throw together a Wordpress site or get someone in India to do it for like $100 bucks total. 

It all depends on your budget, how good you need the site to be and how much exposure your business will get from it. If you are selling online, don't go cheap on design, it matters much more than you'd ever think.

If you are just starting out with an offline business just throw something you can afford up. People get hung up on websites. It isn't like print, it can be changed super easily. So when your business takes off you can get a proper website then.

P.S.

Web designers don't like to work with clients that have designed things themselves or work on a website a client designed because these types of people tend to suck at design yet still think their work is the greatest thing in the world. So don't suggest that to your perspective designers unless you want to scare them away. 

---
    Lazy American

• 37 posts
    June 28, 2012 3:21 AM EDT

Is there a figure anyone could give me as to what to expect to pay a professional web designer to design a web site (ballpark figure)?  What if you already have a website designed by yourself but would like their redesign of it?

-------------------------
    Artie Van Why

If  your business and stigmatize action is at good pick, then you stand a much good opporunity of decreasing the entire cost of web design. By figuring out how you need your business curent, you can have good conversation your required to the web designer.

---
    adobe photoshop training courses in sydney

• 6 posts
    June 30, 2012 1:16 PM EDT

You should look for package on site templates.  You can get a site made for very little with some marketing...and often spread the cost over a few months.  Getting a site built from scratch can cost a lot and 8 times out of 10 you will get some wacko building you a site that looks poor and search es even poorer....I can refer you to someone great if you need.

---
    Mr Davidrealestate mrdavidrealestate@gmail.com http://www.finance1online.com

• September 15, 2013 10:32 PM EDT

Hello! The cost of web designing vary from place to place. If you hire a novice web designer, it might cost you less, but if you hire a graphic designer from a professional logo design service (linked here) like this one: http:www.logodesignpros.com/professionallogo/ ,it might cost you more but you will get better logo designs. So your best bet will be to hire a ddesigner from one such company!

• 2 posts
    May 29, 2013 11:13 AM EDT

It depends on what type of website you need- whether it's a normal html site, a CMS website or an ecommerce website etc.

Whatever be your requirement, always go for quality websites. If budget is your concern in going for quality website, try outsourcing to India. In India you could find a lot designers/developers who are willing to do the work at very cheap rates. Don't go for the cheapest though-just try to find out a 'value for money' designer (may be by checking their profiles,previous works/portfolio etc)

In short, wherever in the world you do, just don't compromise on the quality- because ultimately the website represents you/your business.

---
    Web Design India | Web Development India

• 3 posts
    October 20, 2012 1:38 AM EDT

Web Designing cost can vary from designer to designer. There are some who asks for big bucks, and there are others who would do it the same work at comparatively less money. So, it entirely depends on whom you plan on hiring. Speaking from personal experience, hiring designer on hourly basis is money saving option. Back in 2010, I hired this company for a personal website project. This firm (FATbit was its name) provided dedicated designers at reasonable prices. As I am aware of some web designing myself, it came out pretty fine.
    Here is a useful link;
    http://www.fatbit.com/website-design-company/hire-dedicated-web-designers.html
    Redesigning can also be done as per your wishes and there are plenty of service providers too.
    Thanks

---
    Best Email Marketing , RedCappi's Affordable Email Marketing Packages

• 1 posts
    June 18, 2012 7:51 AM EDT

To answer your question: The market rate is about $2,000-2,500.

Whether a redesign or not, you can expect to spend about that much for a good, solid, website that actually converts visitor traffic into leads.

DO NOT CUT CORNERS here. It is obviously wiser to wait until you have the capital than to create an image that is less-than-ideal.

Web Design Quote Tool

---
    We help you build a more successful business by blending powerful software with stunning design.

• June 18, 2012 8:55 PM EDT

Actually one thing you should take care is that if you want to redesign your website, you need to hire two people, one for web design and another for web develop. Because it's almost impossible to hire one people that are available for both of the two capabilities. 

• 3 posts
    November 19, 2013 3:14 PM EST

Like everyone else has stated, the pricing varies. If you go with a freelancer from Asia, it can cost you around $400-1500 for a site however there will be time differences which will extend the length of your project and language barriers. This is coming from experience. In the end we were left with a website that we couldn't manage and a design that we weren't too pleased with. This is not to say that you won't be able to find any good designers. If a freelancer is from North America, generally the pricing is higher but many are a one man team, meaning it will take longer for your project to finish and there will be only one person contributing to the design element, and if that's not a strong suit then you may have problems. Also, as Sabrina mentioned, you need to have one designer and one programmer - finding one person with both skills is very rare.

A web design corporation will cost you minimum $5000 and can go up until $10k. 

A small web design company will charge you around $800-2500, depending on the project. And the work oftentimes will be similar to the corporate company. 

So it all depends on who you are comfortable working with and your budget.

Alena Cheina

President, Acelloria | Contact Me

• 1 posts
    December 7, 2013 2:39 AM EST
    If you are looking for WordPress developers then it will be good because a good wordpress developer can design and develop the site. Anoop Business Analyst at Inter Smart
    • 1 posts
    December 7, 2013 5:35 AM EST

Designer services cost about $ 1000 for one simple website.

• 1 posts
    December 9, 2013 11:41 AM EST

In India you can make your website in $ 100 easly