Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Military

APO friendly banks?

• 6 posts
    May 7, 2008 4:31 PM EDT
    I would have suggested USAA as well but as you stated they don`t do business accounts. I would look into the larger banks like BofA or Chase  

---
    ePhase Networks LLC
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

• 45 posts
    February 21, 2008 1:32 PM EST
    Have you checked out USAA? They provide insurance as well as bank accounts. They basically for the military and should be easy to get a business account. Also, most bases overseas have Credit Unions that you should be able to utilize for that. Good Luck!

jamie

---
    Jamie Dufrene
    Rajin Enterprises
    http://www.jceconsulting.net/

• 10 posts
    February 21, 2008 4:58 AM EST
    Hey guys!

I am wondering if anyone with military experience had some tips for getting a business banking account while overseas at an APO address. I am finding that many banks do not offer business options for us entrepreneurs still tied to good `ol Uncle Sam.

I considered getting a PO box in the state I am registered in, but I`m not sure how feasible that would be. Any help would be great. Thanks!

• 10 posts
    February 22, 2008 3:12 AM EST
    Yeah, we use them for our personal bank accounts, but they don`t offer business solutions. Bummer. Thanks though!
    • 331 posts
    January 11, 2009 5:26 AM EST
    getting a PO box is not tough so consider that done. in terms of banking, i am not aware of any "special" provisions a business account needs compared to a personal.  what features are you particularly looking for? with the PNC takeover of midwest based national city (now the 5th largest bank) i use them for business banking. the only disadvantage i have is i cant electronically xfer funds to and from my business and personal accounts since my biz accts are under a business EIN. 

before you approach the bank, go online and get yourself a EIN.  to get your EIN you will need your corporate incorporation documents. it has a number on it which is required to fill the EIN application.  once you have both tasks done, getting an account at any bank, no matter where you are shouldn`t be a problem?

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Make Extra Money Online - Paid Surveys
    File an Airline Complaint - Sue the Airline
    Dubai Information
    Accounts Receivable Factoring
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants