Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Accounting & Financial Management

How to select a bank?

• 63 posts
    January 23, 2012 9:33 PM EST

When researching banks, keep in mind that you are not obligated to pick the first one you spend time in. If you take your time and speak with several branch managers and bank representatives about what they can offer you, you'll eventually find one that best suits your business' needs.

• 28 posts
    January 25, 2012 6:34 PM EST

It would be better that if you ask your friend who alredy have an account on that bank..

then go to select then bank that you think suits  your need

Personal Finance  | personal finance tips

thank you

---
    Personal Finance | personal finance tips

• 355 posts
    January 26, 2012 5:03 AM EST

Hi,

I went to my tax accountant for advice on a bank.  She recommended two banks.  She recommended both banks for the following reasons.

1. Both banks steered clear of the greedy get rich quick schemes that got so many banks in trouble. 
    2. Both banks have maintained a steady growth plan and have been financially stable for decades. 
    3. Both banks have focused on customer service, which includes low or no fees.

You can contact me direct if you would like the names of the banks.

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 23 posts
    April 14, 2012 2:14 AM EDT

It is essential for business organizations to select a good bank. You have provided awesome information that helps to select a bank for business transactions. This post is helpful for those who want to start a new business and want information about bank selection.

• 1 posts
    January 30, 2012 6:54 PM EST

You have decided to go for cord blood donation. That's great! But, have you decided which bank to save your sample at? There are a large number of banks across the nation that saves cord blood. If you are baffled and can't decide which one to choose, structured settlement cash

• 2 posts
    January 26, 2012 10:07 AM EST

Thanks for the tips !

There are some nice ones in between :)

---
    Be Visible (DK) | Be Visible (DE) | Senivit | perPuls Frankfurt

• 1 posts
    October 13, 2009 2:16 PM EDT

I'm about to pick a bank for my new business and I'm not sure what I should be focusing on or looking for when I do this.  Does anyone have advice from their own past experiences?  Thanks.

• 331 posts
    October 26, 2009 5:04 AM EDT

i have several business bank accounts and one formula that has worked for me has been the following:

1) figure out my own needs (what bank services do i need most)

2) find a bank that offers the best balance between satisfying my need and price/fees

3) stellar customer service is a must.  read about each bank's service online (blogs/forums)

4) proximity and availability is key. i travel a lot, so i look for banks that i can access from anywhere easily.

5) reputation - b of a is likely going to be more stable and around tomorrow when compared to joe's bank down the road from my house

6) FDIC insurance - goes w/o saying

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Make Extra Money Online - Paid Surveys
    File an Airline Complaint - Sue the Airline
    Dubai Information
    Accounts Receivable Factoring
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 13 posts
    March 8, 2012 11:24 AM EST

As others have mentioned, the best bank for your business will depend on a lot of factors. But I think the most important factor is the type of business you're running. You didn't disclose what type of business you were starting, so it's hard to be specific. But the others have made good suggestions about things you should consider... 

---
    Compare Credit Cards at ASAPCreditCard.com
    Best Credit Cards - 0% APR Credit Cards - Business Credit Cards