Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Red Raven Graphics (Graphic Design Company)

• 53 posts
    July 6, 2013 5:47 PM EDT

I apologize for the harshness.  But  brutal honesty is what we all need, sometimes.

You're on a business start up site.  What we've learned over decades is that if the business strategy is not great, focused and differentiated, the product not in demand-- the business probably will not fly.  

Then add more more problems competing on the net than in a city, more competition, there is not a proportionate increase for the coverage.  Instead, the strong few and distinctive win most of the business.

The whole key to Google (the only thing that matters) is uniqueness and demand.  The forces that Google has accelerated will be great for the few who can actually learn the real basics of business.  So  97% will never "get it", and fail or go back to mostly brick and morter.

www.BGdesign.us

• 53 posts
    July 6, 2013 4:14 PM EDT

You are a semi-competitor, but not much of one ;),  so we'll pitch in.

First, the wording is atrocious.  You violate most basics of advertising.   The design is strange.  May I add  VERY strange.  You violate many basics of web design, also.

Your LOGO is cool, however.   Your entertainment background comes across in your design.  That's why it fails.  Selling is not about cool, quirky, mysterious, like hiring  Edgar Allen Poe to do graphics. 

Your business model is not viable, too broad.   Your web marketing and promotion direction is not viable.  You will get little traffic, even less sales.  You are not differentiated nor focused.

We do not see your competitive advantage or positioning.  Therefore visitors can't quite figure you out. So they wont buy.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, because the web is  EXTREMELY difficult nowadays, not like 6 or 8 years ago.

Put your finest, most unusual skills at the top,  Name them, name the target people who can appreciate them.  Focus on what you do best.  KNOW your target's everything, where they go, what they buy, how they work, what they talk about.  Real business starts with some identifiable groups strong need meeting YOUR special talents.

Your About Us page belongs partly on the home page.  About us is where you talk about YOU and your address, busienss experience.  It is your resume and calling card, and inspires belief that you are real, experienced, and where they can find you with a problem, that you will be there.

Take a look at    www.Web-Success.net  Read at least  5 of the articles all the way through.

Hope that helps.  You don't need to waste 3 or 4 years of your life not-quite-getting there, like so many.

By the way, we are occassionally looking for some USA graphics help.  (not often).

- - - - - -

www.BGdesign.us 

• July 6, 2013 6:01 PM EDT

Your harshness is alright by me. I am reworking my site to mainly focus on what I've been designing for many years now, and that's movie posters, and other related movie designs. I tried to branch out to do more, but since I don't have the portfolio for the other stuff, I'll just focus my Designing on what I know and have. This decision was thought of after reading your post. I will be working hard on my site, and post again for more critique.

• July 6, 2013 3:38 PM EDT

Hello, I am Timothy Rooker, and I decided to start my own business one day. Essentially it's freelancing for now, but wish to expand to a building with employees eventually. This is my website www.redraven-graphics.com

I would love some helpful tips, or advice on how to improve my site to increase my views. I built this website

by myself using Wordpress and hosted through Godaddy. I blog on it, and have all my social media buttons

up top so everyone can see them. Good or bad critique is fine, I can handle it, I do belong on a design forum,

and sometimes you hear what you don't want too, but if you take it in, it will always improve your design, and

that's what I want for my site. I want it to be improved to the best possible way.

Thank you for your time in advance, look forward to some comments. Again here is the site

www.redraven-graphics.com

• July 6, 2013 3:51 PM EDT

Sorry for the odd sentence break ups there, may be tricky to read. Not sure what happened there.

• July 6, 2013 4:59 PM EDT

Thank you for your reply. I am currently working on the site now, so some may some weird temp changes while I figure things out.

I will take your advice and repair my site to attract more people. Thank you very much for your input. My feelings are not hurt. Just happy you took the time to critique.