Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Boomers Back in Business

Starting up again at 70

• 6 posts
    January 3, 2013 12:51 AM EST

Hi Rosealie,

I am in a 'beginning again" position. It is really nice to have found this special forum for us. It's nice to hear you are starting your own online business. When I began my search, there were so many offers of  "just buy this product and your life will be easy".  None of them explained some basic fundamentals to actually running an online business.

I finally found excellent training (quite resonable price too). I discovered the key was not figuring out my products first - but to clearly understanding this kind of business, so I would always know what to do next.

During the steps the first thing was to 'not figure out my passion', but instead learn to research what markets were actually profitable to start. It doesn't matter how passionate I am about any subject, if there are no buyers for it. So luckily for me, understanding the in's and out's of internet marketing plus how and where to research key information was part of the initial training.

I really wish you the best. I am interested to know what your book is about? How are you planning to market it?

Sincerely

---
    Daisy Lee Beacon Say this out loud - "yes I Can" --- "Just do it now" --- "Don't Quit!" These are phrases that have got me through so much in life. I hope they work for you too! :) Free Gift

• 1 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:17 AM EDT

Download Now You See Me Movie

Actually They pull off a series of daring illusions against corrupt business leaders during their shows and showers the stolen money notes on their spectators.

• 2 posts
    January 2, 2013 10:01 AM EST

I`m a Boomer, We were self-employed for 35 years I retired in October 2007 aged 65 to pursue my dream of moving to our finca in Spain fulltime, we had spent seven years taking holidays there and looked forward to the move. Thing were great until 2009 my husband became ill and we had to return to the UK in 2010.

Retirement does not suit me I’ve spent the last two years writing a book and I’m now looking forward to starting a new business online.  We still have our home in Spain sadly as the bottom fell out of the market it is still up for sale

I am a workaholic always have been, my husband says I make him tired just by watching me.

Glad I found this group, mature entrepreneurs  have a lot to offer.

---
    Time to Build Your Dream See Yourselves Doing It In Your Minds Eye Then Do It AIM HIGH DREAM BIG Visit us at http:/www.developingyoursuccess.com/

• 2 posts
    January 4, 2013 7:35 AM EST

Yes I'm glad I found this forum with a group for mature entrepreneurs we have a lot to offer.

I was a business adviser and worked with the Princes Trust helping young people to start up in business and with Business Link working with people of all ages who wanted to start up in business.

Working online is an all new ball game, I’ve been looking at online businesses for about two years, however keep getting drawn back into helping my daughter with her business.  

My book is written to help people get a head start and achieve business success, hence it’s called Starting Up in Business: How To Get a Head Start and Achieve Business Success. I have put it on Amazon kindle and at the moment I’m converting it so that  it can be sold as a paper back.  Please feel free to have a look at link the below

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008XI50T2/deveyoursucc-21

Take care speak again soon

Regards

Rosalie

---
    Time to Build Your Dream See Yourselves Doing It In Your Minds Eye Then Do It AIM HIGH DREAM BIG Visit us at http:/www.developingyoursuccess.com/