Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Cube Farmers

Entrepreneurial Manifesto

• 97 posts
    December 4, 2006 5:39 PM EST
    Well, it ain`t all that bad. Some jobs are great. Some people enjoy their jobs. Some people just become entrepreneurs because they enjoy that even more. 

Aleem

---
    Get Your Name in ".com" at the International Internet Authority

• 195 posts
    December 4, 2006 12:27 PM EST

SnoMon,

Excellent. Especially # 5 ... a terrible feeling I`ll do my best to never know again.

Thanks for that!

---
    ~Eric
    JE Design Group, LLC
    If all you do is what you`ve done, then all you`ll get is what you`ve got.
    www.jedesigngroup.com

• 165 posts
    December 4, 2006 12:41 PM EST
    This is a great idea...I will have to think about what my manifesto would be....hmmm...I have to agree 100% with all of the above...1-3 really spoke to me! Must start thinking of my own.

---
    Leah Tucker

• 22 posts
    December 4, 2006 10:43 AM EST
    Hugh McLeod of Gaping Void has been accepting and publishing "Mini-Manifestos" on his blog.  After reading a handful I felt the urge to write my own, and I thought it may be appropriate to share with fellow SuN members.

Entrepreneurial Manifesto
    1. If I want to listen to Johnny Cash during the “work day”, then I listen to Johnny Cash during the workday.
    2. If I want to declare flip-flops and a t-shirt as “acceptable dress code”, then I declare flip-flops and t-shirts as acceptable dress code.
    3. Since I lost patience for “micro-managing supervisors”, I am sure to not micro-manage nor become a “supervisor”.
    4. I might miss a “steady paycheck”, but I don’t miss burnt coffee, fluorescent lighting, and zombie-like co-workers.
    5. 8 – 5 with weekends and holidays off!  Means nothing if at 5:01 and on weekends and holidays you feel like a prisoner who has been freed, only to know that you must return soon.

SnoMon2006-12-4 16:43:30

---
    Rod Call
    Snoloha
    www.snoloha.com
    rod@snoloha.com

• 22 posts
    December 5, 2006 3:45 AM EST
    Aleem,

I agree.  Not all day jobs are that bad.  Many of my friends have day jobs that they enjoy.  Heck, my fiance loves her day job. 

However, for those of us who have experienced that day job that put us over the edge, or for those who are thinking about going out on their own, these manifestos can be quite inspiring.

---
    Rod Call
    Snoloha
    www.snoloha.com
    rod@snoloha.com