Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Commercializing Your Invention

Pitching my designs and patents to companies.

• 1 posts
    March 7, 2013 2:06 PM EST

Hello, 

I'm an independant inventor and designer. Currently, I'm seeking to market or pitch my own designs and inventions.

I contacted a Tool company a few weeks ago. My hope is to pitch my design for a tool box and tool storage system I've made. Before I even pitch anything, I was hoping to at least speak to someone helpful at the company. To get an idea of their process regarding this. To see if they have any interest in viewing my design at all. 

They only have an email option on their website. I wrote them a formal message stating basically that I have design patent and would like speak or hear back from the appropriate person of interest. I haven't received anything. As far as I know, they only offer the email contact option on their website. 

I was wondering if there were some different ways to get in contact. If I should write another message or seek a different route to get contact. 

Also, I sometimes wonder about my approach. Am I going about this all wrong? I want to be professional, formal and appropriate. Which I believe I've done. 

I've only contacted them once some weeks ago. 

I'd love to hear from the others in this forum. Thank you for listening. 

• 11 posts
    January 14, 2014 12:24 AM EST

Try www.gust.com... you might find some investors through their website that might be interested in funding your idea.

• 27 posts
    November 23, 2014 10:07 PM EST
    Pitching your ideas or work to other company is fine as long as you make sure that it is copyrighted under your name. Wait for them to reply before sending your work. But make sure that your is already copyrighted before you send it. Just be more cautious. Don't want to end up seeing your work online without getting the credit.