Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » All Things Green

Glad to be "green"

• 376 posts
    June 16, 2007 11:10 AM EDT

Love the term Greentrepeneur!!!  I did a quick searck at the USPTO and it`s not federally protected...   Trademark it QUICK!

(sorry.... I`m a entrepeneur... I can`t help myself)

---
    Leslie
    Founder and President
    Charmed Life Products LLC
    Grill Charms™… The MUST HAVE grilling accessory that is revolutionizing the American Cook-out AND The perfect gift for any occasion!
    Grill Charms

• 3 posts
    June 16, 2007 9:01 AM EDT
    • 3 posts
    June 16, 2007 9:34 AM EDT

Not sure.
    But I bet it tastes like chicken.

• 3 posts
    June 16, 2007 10:07 AM EDT
    I`m a Mean Joe Greenster.
    Seriously, common sense green ideas are great. Little afraid of anything in excess, though.
    I do have a greentrepreur idea.
    • 3 posts
    June 19, 2007 11:29 AM EDT

To your point Richmeister--
    Here`s an interesting article about green marketing.
    Basically, what I got out of it is that green is good, but, you have to couple it with other advantages--like value.
    The rules of marketing and sales don`t go into the trash... I mean... the recycle bin, just because your product is "green."

theswaynester2007-6-19 16:29:45
    • 335 posts
    June 16, 2007 7:00 AM EDT
    Responding to the groundswell of "green practices" in business, we`ve created a brand new forum category dedicated to (gre)entrepreneurs. I know, that`s a mouthful. It`s aptly labeled, "All Things Green," and we hope it becomes a vibrant part of our community forum offerings - I can`t imagine anything more exciting than mixing social, conservational, and/or environmental passion into a business mission to bring out the best in an entrepreneur.

I look forward to sharing and learning with you in this new category!

Oh! And one really exciting thing you can look forward to is an upcoming ranking we`re going to do of the "Top Ten Greenest" home-based businesses in America. We`ll look forward to highlighting them here and mulling over their "green-ness"!

Rich

---
    Rich Sloan , Co-Founder, Chief Startupologist, StartupNation

• 335 posts
    June 16, 2007 9:08 AM EDT
    sway... isn`t this more like, "it`s not easy being green"?!

one other thing - do you think his collar/necklace thing is made of recycled plastic?

---

• 335 posts
    June 16, 2007 9:41 AM EDT
    swaynester, stop avoiding the topic at hand. are you a greenster?

---

• 335 posts
    June 16, 2007 12:50 PM EDT
    swesley,

i know for some, the green "angle" is working well. i recently recorded a podcast with gary bauer of bauer limousine (if you click the link, scroll 1/3 of the way down the page to find it) - he won a Google contract to shuttle all their people in and out of San Francisco to the corporate campus down the peninsula specifically because he had a lower pollution vehicle solution.

green can be a great marketing angle and will be more and more so with big companies. just look at how DELL is now pushing hard to brand itself as the leader in green practices in its sector... the more green "content" or "practices" the better - that`s where they`re all headed. it`s kind of like the "equal opportunity" effect of the 2000s.

so... don`t give up stumping for "green"...
    Rich2007-6-16 17:51:51

---

• 335 posts
    June 19, 2007 11:16 AM EDT
    "green" is not always about an advantage for marketing, though, sankogr. it`s also just about doing the right thing and feeling really excited about what you`re doing...

---

• 335 posts
    June 19, 2007 11:36 AM EDT
    for those of you posting here: we`re looking for great tips for people starting up. can you send me a private message with your specific (fairly short and pithy) tips so we can include them (with credit going to you) in our online content?

thanks in advance.

rich

---

• 3 posts
    August 22, 2007 6:27 AM EDT

Hi,

Sometimes an offbeat approach works (to separate your product from others). There was an English movie from the the early 1960`s called "The Boy With Green Hair". It was a social parable about accepting people who are different. Make some kind of humorous reference to your `green` hair product not making people`s hair green. Or not.

Good luck.

---
    richill

• 2 posts
    June 19, 2007 10:43 AM EDT

I am formulating a line of "Green" hair car products for a private medical practice, which I hope to take national, but the sheer number of "Green" hair care products scares me.  I think I may have missed the boat as I cannot find a angle to differentiate me from the other guys.

My advice is to act quickly as "Green" is becoming very popular.

---
    Gregg Sanko
    MaxMay Products

• 110 posts
    January 4, 2011 12:37 AM EST

i am interested in green technology and ventures. definitely will hang around on this section more

• 7 posts
    June 16, 2007 11:41 AM EDT
    My wife and I started an all-natural (green) cleaning business. Although I admit we`re kinda cheaters...We aren`t 100% green. As of now we`re mainly targeting commercial customers and they don`t seem to really go for the green cleaning products as much as say upper middle-to-upper income households would. So we`re trying to stay as green as possible, unless they request a commercial toxin based product, and/or we just simply cannot find a natural product to do the particular job.
    • 3 posts
    September 18, 2007 6:38 PM EDT
    I am a Realtor in Florida and has recently received my EcoBroker certification designation, meaning I`d had specialized training in environmental and energy efficient issues. The reason I did this is to be able to impact more people when buying and/or selling homes regarding ways they can help the environment, provide better air quality, increasing their own comfort and having less maintenance on their home, not to mention the amount of money they can save. Usually if the environment is not a motivator, the saving money on utility bills is. Of course they will always be those people who care less, but for the most part, this has turned out to be a very positive thing and people are very receptive to it.

---

Sherry Laursen
    Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
    Tampa, FL 33647
    www.floridamoves.com
    sherry.laursen@floridamoves.com
    www.ecobroker.com
    (813) 368-5893 Direct
    (813) 977-3500 Office

Simply The Best Skin Care Available
    http://aamazingopportunity.myarbonne.com

• 3 posts
    September 19, 2007 11:31 AM EDT

Bert,

Actually I don`t get any flack about it from my associates. Some really agree with what I`m doing and others respect me for it whether they agree or not.I`ve gotton people who never gave it a second thought to really start giving this some serious thought. I`m sorry you had so much bad experience with realtors, hopefully not to the point where the ones of us who are sincere in what we do are prejudged. As for my sincerety in this, I consider my time, money and reputation too valuable to waste on something that I`m not passionate about.

If my clients are not interested in the environment, at least for the most part I can convince them they doing certain things like saving energy, cleaner air quality, etc. will benefit them by saving money and greater comfort level. If saving the environment is not a motivator, then saving money usually is.

---

Sherry Laursen
    Tampa, FL 33647
    www.floridamoves.com
    www.ecobroker.com
    (813) 368-5893 Direct
    (813) 977-3500 Office

• 3 posts
    September 19, 2007 11:36 AM EDT

Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to look it over before just dismissing the idea. It is a great start in trying to make a difference, and that`s what I`m trying to do is to make a positive difference. EcoBroker.com has a lot of info on our mission, not sure if that`s where you read about it or not.

---

Sherry Laursen
    Tampa, FL 33647
    www.floridamoves.com
    www.ecobroker.com
    (813) 368-5893 Direct
    (813) 977-3500 Office

• 1 posts
    May 27, 2008 8:15 AM EDT
    I have a company called Raising the Lights.Org - but I recently realized that you started the company Greenraising . Does this mean that you cant have another green fundraiser as a startup business of the year?  Our company`s main emphasis is educating children on saving energy throughout the fundraiser.
    • 31 posts
    January 6, 2014 4:39 AM EST

Going green is a need for the hour. 

With technology it is also necessary to be aware of nature as well. 

[URL=http://www.script4realestate.com/property-script-features.php]Property Listings software[/URL]

• 1 posts
    February 15, 2014 11:48 PM EST

I hope to one day open my Organic Lawn Care services business. I do appreciate all the free advertising "Green Businesses" recieve.