Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

The hottest business opportunities today

• 3 posts
    February 12, 2008 3:34 PM EST
    05mustang - I suggest you check out this site: www.teachingsells.com - sounds right up your alley!
    It`s an incredible membership site I belong to that teaches just what you are talking about. I teach tech stuff for beginners, and this educational content that shows how to use web 2.0 stuff to teach with is intelligently written and very useful. So cool. Co-written by Brian Clar,k, who does copyblogger (www.copyblogger.com)

• JHH
    • 2 posts
    August 21, 2007 10:01 AM EDT

What is the opportunity, Mike?

John

• 6 posts
    December 18, 2007 2:06 PM EST
    Hey everyone,

I`m new here.  I`ve been listening to many of the podcasts and love this site.

However, I have zero ideas for starting a business.  I sort of have to start something as my career feels like its over, and I`m only 39.  So I need legitimate ideas, not MLMs.  Man, have I been down that road too many times.  Currently, I`m trying to figure out if there is something I can sell on Ebay.  But what?  I have not had any big ideas on that, though I`ve sold some household stuff and done a lot of research.  Coming up empty.

Is anyone doing Ebay or something else interesting besides MLMs?

Jeff

• 6 posts
    December 19, 2007 7:20 AM EST
    Rich,

Absolutely, and thanks! I feel like I`ve been stuck in neutral for several years now.  I want 2008 to be the year I make it as an entrepreneur!

Jeff

• 8 posts
    November 21, 2006 9:03 AM EST

Okay, Okay, I am a shill.

Hottie Body Tan www.hottiebodytan.com  We all love vanity and want to look better!  The tanning industry is a 5 billion dollor industry...and it continues to grow with additional "cosmetic upgrades"...okey my elevator pitch it up.

I say vanity, all the way!

Except for Skin Cancer right?

XpressPrint2006-11-21 15:5:54

---
    Jimmy Anderson
    President/CEO - XpressPrint
    XpressPrint: Your source for full-color printing.

• 8 posts
    November 21, 2006 9:05 AM EST
    Except for Skin Cancer right?

---
    Jimmy Anderson

• 8 posts
    December 9, 2006 3:07 PM EST

I`d love to see what you folks think are the hottest business opportunities out there these days, and what opportunities will be hot in the coming year.

If you could wipe the slate clean right now and start all over, what kind of business would it be?

And why?

Rich

P.S. We`ll try to talk about some of the ideas you post here on our radio show.

Rich, Rich.....I changed my mind.  I`ve stumbled upon probably one of the easiest and most compensatible business model, and it falls directly in line with our conversation from before.  First let me say that i already own my own traditional business.  Second let me say that i`m always interested in business opportunities and actually have several nich ideas in the works.

However, you asked why wouldn`t anyone want an online store when ebay has been so successfull?  My reply, was because they`ve got a huge marketshare and its so difficult to compete on that high of a level even though most of ebay are distributors.  Well, i am changing my mind to say that a online store is exactly the type of business i probably would want to be involved in.  Why the sudden change in heart?

Because i found a business model that activates me as a distributor and all i do is lead people to my website, or bring them in as business partners.  Either way, make money on retail product sales and commission checks for creating sales volume.  Amazing!!!  Traditional business is slowly changing as there is a new wave coming.....i can`t wait!!!

---
    Jimmy Anderson

• 1 posts
    November 1, 2012 1:19 AM EDT

Opening an e-commerce site is a great business. By making it very simple to use and with great offers it can easily get popular.

• 105 posts
    November 28, 2006 7:11 AM EST
    Scott,

Any update on your concept???  I am interested in your concept.

John

---
    <A HREF="http://www.AuditAuctions.com">Get ISO Certified</A>

• 105 posts
    December 17, 2006 11:44 AM EST

Because i found a business model that activates me as a distributor and all i do is lead people to my website, or bring them in as business partners.  Either way, make money on retail product sales and commission checks for creating sales volume.  Amazing!!!  Traditional business is slowly changing as there is a new wave coming.....i can`t wait!!!

I`d love to hear more about this business model. Please tell more?

This is more commonly known as Network Marketing or Multi Level Marketing (MLM). Do a google search for Brilliant Compensation and watch that. It will give you a good understanding of the model. Just be careful. One of the challenges with the model is many people say what ever they want to get you in the business. There is really no jurisdiction to what some people will say to get you in their group.

JH

---

• 105 posts
    January 9, 2007 11:49 AM EST

Guys I have found the ultimate program. This is a brand new opportunity and is in prelaunch.

The parent company has been successfully selling this product for the last 20 years with out any kind of opportunity attached. They have created a network marketing type opportunity to promote it further.

They have also attached what is the best pay plan I have ever seen. See the pay plan here...

http://payplan.us

The product we are talikng about has been sold over the last 20 years for $8k to $12k. They have now drasticly reduced the cost and are paying out nice commissions.

Get more information here...

http://www.yshonline.com/global.htm

This company is going to make a lot of millionaires this year. I know I`m going to be one of them... This is hot.

Rob

I am going to sign up so I can make millions too. Can I go on your power leg?

---

• 105 posts
    January 13, 2007 3:02 AM EST

so, now for my hot business opinion???: coaching, including life coaching and business coaching. this is a huge sector where tons of growth will occur and there is a ton of need.

Rich,

I think you are on the money here. With the advancement of technology people are subjected to change at a more rapid rate than anytime in history. The one thing I stress to my children is learn how to learn very rapidly, regardless of subject matter. As they become adults things will move at even a faster pace than today and that skill could be the difference for them.

John
    onlineeater2007-1-13 9:3:20

---

• 79 posts
    November 17, 2007 3:05 PM EST

The hottest business oppotunities today, which attract investment money, is  green energy. Actually, that will be the next bubble.

However, the hottest business which will deliver consistant profit will be health care, with aging populations in US and in most developed countries.

Just my guess.

• 1 posts
    October 16, 2012 9:23 PM EDT

I think its high time that we have a serious thought on renewable energy.  Time for action.

---
    I am a graduate in Police studies and Human Resource Management. Actually I an engaged in Internet Marketing which is really very challenging.

• 8 posts
    September 4, 2006 9:41 PM EDT

Hi conciergelady ,

Your viewpoint seems so wonderfull,I am very interested in this plan.Could you tell more about this, or could you tell me where I can know more information about this.

I am from China, you know there are 1.3 billion people in China, I think this is a big market for  errand/concierge.

Kevin082312@yahoo.com

Hope your reply soon.

thanks

Kevin

• 17 posts
    October 4, 2012 1:20 AM EDT

1 Senior Services

2 Green Enterprises

3 Health and Wellness

4 Travel and Leisure

5 Business Consulting Services

---
    Cheap HP Laptop charger

• 1 posts
    August 16, 2007 3:32 AM EDT

Hi Rich

My name is Kotie Joubert, I live in the Freestate in South Africa, I have done now 4 months research on a Baby Nappy Manufacturing Machine, I can get it for a bagain with material for 10 000 nappies included.

Yes there is allot of disposable nappies that are on the market , beleive me I have done my research, but this is the most hotest Business in the world.

I still have to get the money for my machine, but this business I am doing for GOD, he will give me the money to buy it. He beleives in me. Did you know how rich God really is. Well I will prove to you that if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, God will give you anything.

This machine manufactures 1000 nappies per hour, I can manufacture 8000 per day with a profit mergin of 30-50c per nappy.

My off-set points will be Hospitals, Day care centres, Flea Markets, Wholesalers ect...

You can work out yourself how much I will make per month in gross profit, not allot of advertising costs, it sells itself. And these nappies are not these cheap no name brand nappies, it is the same quality as Huggies and Cudlers.

I am very exited, tell me what you think.

Best Regards

Kotie Joubert

NS! My Business will be called "Nappies for Africa"

• 1 posts
    December 14, 2007 10:13 PM EST
    Hi Scott,

I`m Lhaurie. I`m with you in your venture if it is for the children. Maybe we can share ideas of the possibility in joining hands together in this family-friendly venture and let`s change the world. Please feel free to email me at lhaurie2000@yahoo.com, I am by the way a Social Entrepreneur...please let me know where to contact you. Thanks.....

lhaurie12/15/2007 4:15 AM
    • 4 posts
    November 8, 2007 3:25 PM EST
    I love the ideas here... and agree with many.  A quick comment on scrapbooking - it`s never been my thing- but I`m very digital, and recently learned that one of the bigger scrapbooking home-based business companies is offering digital photbooks you can customize on your computer.  I`m happy to give my business to an independent consultant rather than a conglomerate... and happy to see focus shifting to include digital thinking.

So... my thoughts are a little different...

I think as we move forward there will be greater focus on what is in the products we use on a daily basis - everyone (we hope!) uses shampoo, shaving cream, personal care products like cleansers, lotions, sunscreen, women use cosmetics, we ingest vitamins, and nutritional supplements.  The news is filled with products being recalled with unsafe levels of toxic ingredients (are there safe levels?)... and people are starting to take closer notice of what goes on and into their bodies.  The wonderful message here is that there are companies that have focused for years on providing pure and safe alternatives which are effective and wonderfully beneficial.  I`m very proud to be an independent consultant for one such company.  I think that issue directly affects the phenomenal growth the health and wellness industry has seen in the last 5 years or so.  I`d love to share more - please email me for a link to my website.  I cannot post it here.

Cheers!
    Laura
    LauraB11/8/2007 9:26 PM
    • 4 posts
    August 14, 2006 11:24 AM EDT

I`m going to agree with Jeff... energy is huge. I`d love to hear about innovative companies in this sector.

Also--
    Web 2.0. What are some hot companies and how are they making money?

Maybe on the small business side... scrapbooking. I hear my mom and her friends talk about it all the time.

• 34 posts
    December 28, 2006 4:50 PM EST

[/QUOTE]

This is more commonly known as Network Marketing or Multi Level Marketing (MLM). Do a google search for Brilliant Compensation and watch that. It will give you a good understanding of the model. Just be careful. One of the challenges with the model is many people say what ever they want to get you in the business. There is really no jurisdiction to what some people will say to get you in their group.

[/QUOTE]

So true! I`m in PIF4P, and yes, people will say just about ANYTHING to get you to join under them. I think it`s sick. I get people by being honest and telling them what to expect. And no, you won`t get-rich-quick with any MLM business, unless you can buy a ton of leads or have tons of time to prospect for free ones. Like any other business it takes time and usually money for good results.. Yes, it`s a lucrative business (I`ve done pretty well for just starting), but I`ll say it again-it takes time and money to get good results. I believe the above person was either referiing to Pay It Forward 4 Profits or Shaklee. Just a guess.

---
    I know you`ve heard of this before... Pay It Forward 4 Profits Free info on perfecting/advertising your primary business! Mastering Your Primary Business

• 34 posts
    December 29, 2006 7:44 AM EST
    Actually in PIF4P all the affiliate stuff is funded proposals. In PIF4P you have to have a good Primary business. Mine is Shaklee and it does sell actual things. Like natural cleaning supplies, makeup, vitamis, weight loss stuff etc. That`s whybI like PIF4P, it`s unlike almost all MLM thing, because you actually have a primary business, and in order for it to be successful enough to earn crazy residual income , your primary HAS to be something everyone needs and buys frequently. I chose Shaklee because everyone uses the stuff they sell. Simple. I love that you pointed out that MLM stuff has no actual product, and the part about peoples perception of it. Geez, if more people would try hard at it they`d sit on their butts st home like me. 95% fail.
    epeters2006-12-29 13:47:0

---
    I know you`ve heard of this before... Pay It Forward 4 Profits Free info on perfecting/advertising your primary business! Mastering Your Primary Business

• 34 posts
    January 2, 2007 4:02 PM EST
    I`m in MLM and I STILL use it interchageably with the word scam. I found just about every stinkin scam out there. But, obviously I agree with what you said. Only because I actually found something that`s starting to make a turnaround. I`m finally making headway. And yeah, every single one that was a scam didn`t have a real primary business to promote (real things). 40 Gs later I figured that out. Wish I saw a post like yours sooner, then maybe I would`ve found PIF4P faster.

---

• 34 posts
    January 3, 2007 3:14 PM EST
    OK, before you go getting all sales pitchy, I have to say something. Yes, PIF4P is free to join, yes you can make money doing it.. But... it`s not a get rich quick scheme, and if you want real reasults guess what? It takes money to make money.PIF4P does not require a huge investment of time or money.But I feel as though it will discredit myself and the PIF4P franchise system if I advertise it to sound that way. You can have 5 million people in your downline. But if they joined under false expectations, they won`t do anything with it which = no money for you or them. I actually happen to have a girl in my downline who DID sign up for almost everything PIF4P suggests you do, but she`s not an upgraded member, which means she can`t collect commissions on her affiliate stuff. But hey, I collect $ from all her signups b/c I AM an upgraded member. So...to say that you`ll make a lot of money by joining everything for free is just not true. You`ll work hard to get signups, then not make much money off them. And for me, time= money.
    epeters2007-1-3 21:15:30

---

• 34 posts
    January 4, 2007 12:41 PM EST
    Pokerman-did you read my post?
    epeters2007-1-4 18:50:58

---