Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

The hottest business opportunities today

• 44 posts
    August 26, 2006 4:39 PM EDT
    Well, I believe one of the hottest opportunities right now is the "errand/concierge" business. That is why I decided to start my own concierge business.  It was rated by Entreprenaur as one of the 10 hottest also.  Everyone is working longer hours and more days than in the past, people are getting burnt out and there are things that just dont get done that can be handled by concierges.  More people are starting up in this business and prospective clients could be just about anyone. Anyone that is overworked or needs some help now and then.  Also it works great for other home based businesses for backup office support without the benefits of a full time employee. Also in a business office instead of hiring temps concierges could fill the job too and they come with varied backgrounds since they usually have sub contractors that work for them.  Hospitals are now starting to offer concierge services as well as luxury apts/condominium complexes.  Concierge services are not just in the plush hotels anymore they are for the working class, post op patients, hospital patients, realtors. The list really is long. But it can be a lifesaver for people that are far away from family and friends and have no one to help in emergencies.
    Hope that helped a little.. Thanks
    • 44 posts
    September 5, 2006 4:36 AM EDT
    Hi Rich

Yep, sounds like a lot of fun  !!

jo
    • 2 posts
    November 12, 2012 4:20 AM EST

One of the hottest businesses right now is providing aerial surveillance drones for law enforcement and Homeland Security. Obama signed an aviation order in February allowing for the commercial usage of drones in national airspace for the first time in US history.

Our company was formed to provide these services as well as helping our fellow entrepreneurs to break into the business. 

• 1 posts
    February 15, 2008 2:37 AM EST
    In reply to 05mustang`s comment of starting a site based on podcasts and YouTube with a Purpose. I have been thinking of the same idea for the corporate coaching industry, and am seriously looking into this. I would love to chat about this with you. Dave Hale

---
    Dave Hale, PhD
    CEO, HiPer Business Solutions
    www.hipercoaching.com
    www.hiperwebsolutions.com
    "Life is a game. Play Hard!"

• 1 posts
    December 22, 2007 1:46 PM EST
    Hi everyone,

The areas I have been considering are;

Engineering services / Domestic outsourcing: Baby boomers (technical expertise) retiring, looking for part-time work. Engineering graduate numbers dropping... fewer new hires to replace boomers... and large US corporations backing away from overseas outsourcing initiatives.

NewSpace economy: Sub-contractor to small commercial aerospace companies entering space tourism / government space launch markets.

• 73 posts
    December 12, 2006 5:18 AM EST

First post to the forums - just found StartupNation today.

I have to agree that energy is a huge growth opportunity but one that has some huge barriers to entry... So with that in mind I`ve opted to purse the opportunities that the popularity of Texas Hold `Em Poker has opened.

I`ve been capitalizing on the fact that some 80 million americans currently play poker.  For the past year I`ve been working through the issues involved in running a bar based Amateur Poker League.  I`m currently conducting over 60 tournaments a week.  The popularity of the game does not seem to be abating and I`m currently working at franchising what I`ve been doing successfully for the past year.

The biggest barrier in this field is the tracking of the player`s league standings and making them available through the internet.  I`ve been able to overcome this because of my wife`s programming skills.  She coded the 2002 MSNBC Winter Olympics results page, worked with the Microsoft Developer`s Network on the Duwamish Book Project and was one of Boeing`s first web developers.  We`ve created the code to track player standings and can now offer it to others through our franchise system making it possible for an individual to create a local amateur poker league that can benefit from the synergy of being affiliated with a national league.

Contact information is available via our amateur poker website at http://www.nofeetexasholdem.com

Pokerman2006-12-12 11:22:20

---
    Pokerman It`s not about what you can do... it`s about what you will do! Amateur Poker League Software - Drive Traffic - Add 100,000 Songs to your website - Music Catalog

• 73 posts
    January 3, 2007 6:56 PM EST

It`s FREE to sign up and learn what it is we`re doing.  Hey, what have you got to lose?  It`s FREE!

RSchlieper (Ron)

You`re right... it is free, so I did.... maybe my registration will push you into the 100 plus category on the Leaderboard

---
    Pokerman It`s not about what you can do... it`s about what you will do! Amateur Poker League Software - Drive Traffic - Add 100,000 Songs to your website - Music Catalog

• 73 posts
    January 4, 2007 1:52 PM EST

Yes I did read your post.  I`ve been reading a lot of posts about this PayItForward... and the bottom line is ... it is free to sign up and "learn what it is we`re doing", and that`s exactly what I wanted to find out... what exactly is it that this is all about.  I may never become an upgraded member, I don`t know enough yet and if I don`t, well I probably won`t be doing much promotion of the program either.

Either way,  the invitiation was presented.  The link was there... and I signed up.  Call it an impulse buy (for free). Now if I get some time, I`ll peruse the site and see if there is any value to me.  Hopefully any quality info won`t be buried in a ton of hype or I`ll never get to it because my time is precious.

I`m not interested in an income from sign-ups.  I run a legitimate business and am in the process of franchising it nationwide.  If payitforward can help me to effectively present the franchise opportunity I have to offer then it may have the value I`m seeking.  If it`s just a scheme to sign-up more people... I`m outta there.

Pokerman2007-1-4 20:13:21

---

• 73 posts
    January 10, 2007 6:06 PM EST

You indicated you signed up with PIF4P.  Might I ask who your direct upline is?  That person can help you with any questions.  And congrats on making a great decision to sign on with PIF4P.  This program works and is duplicateable!

RSchlieper (Ron)

hmmmm... It`s YOU Ron

---

• 1 posts
    February 12, 2008 7:22 PM EST
    Rich, Can I get the template as well

• 5 posts
    January 13, 2007 3:40 PM EST

I am developing a marketing plan for my business that you guys are talking about. As soon as i finished and consulting my mentors i am going to post it in my web.

chow!

• 1 posts
    April 2, 2008 1:36 PM EDT

Hi 05Mustang,

I`m working on adding something similar to my site (www.morphosquant.com) to what you`re proposing. My concern is that with all the free information available, will people really subscribe to it?

Initially, I`m hoping to point my existing/potential clients to the site videos to "showcase" solutions and to (hopefully) increase my offline business. Eventually, I`d like to develop it into a standalone revenue stream, but wonder how to do this effectively. I do like the idea of opening it up to others, but that pesky problem of getting others to pay for content remains.

E
    • 195 posts
    August 15, 2006 4:11 AM EDT

Rich,

Energy is # 1. as far as big money and big investment. BTW did anybody see that Extreme Engineering show about how they are tapping the huge natural gas field off of the northern coast of Russia  a Large enough field to power the current world`s needs for 40 years!

IF I had my choice to wipe the slate clean and get into something big. It would probably be directing the engineering and construction of a feasible high speed rail system in this country that could be implemented over a decade, create loads of jobs, and present a true energy savings over air travel. It kills me to see that we have so much to gain by developing a quality rail system here yet we red tape every single idea to death. The only reason I`m glad that we haven`t done anything with it yet is because we have been able to see the technology get better and better.

---
    ~Eric
    JE Design Group, LLC
    If all you do is what you`ve done, then all you`ll get is what you`ve got.
    www.jedesigngroup.com

• 195 posts
    September 5, 2006 3:57 AM EDT

Rich,

After some deep thought. I believe that the big money is going to the retiring baby boomer crowd. Silly as it may seem, the RV industry with all the towing equipment and all the gizmos and gadgets are really popping. People, as it turns out, really do want to see the world when they die.

If you can somehow reach that market.......the people that are still mobile, have some money to burn, and aren`t so fragile that they can`t drive or care for themselves.

The errand/concierege service fits right into this plan as would anything that eases the challenges of retiring and aging folk everywhere.

I have no stake in the business of serving elderly people. I just really believe that this is going to be one of the hands-down  hot business opportunities.

~Eric

---
    ~Eric
    JE Design Group, LLC
    If all you do is what you`ve done, then all you`ll get is what you`ve got.
    www.jedesigngroup.com

• 4 posts
    November 10, 2007 8:47 PM EST
    India is of course huge, and I`m surprised to read mainly of China and Russia in this thread. Just to give you a small idea:

India stock exchange has grown 4 times faster than NYSE over the last 7 years
    Over 350 acquisitions of foreign companies by Indian companies this year
    20% rise in exports, 4 years in a row
    40% increase in investment
    56% increase in home loans
    1 million new cell phones sold / month
    2 million households already spend more than US$ 10,000 / year on luxury items, will double in 3 years.
    India rated #1 prefered holiday destination by Conde Nast for the first time ever in 2007
    US$ 36Bn investment in the hotel sector 2007-2015
    Over US$ 15Bn foreign investment in real estate per annum

Etc etc...

fmontrelay11/11/2007 2:49 AM

---
    P2P Consultants
    Smart Strategies at Work
    www.p2pconsultants.com

• 4 posts
    November 10, 2007 8:51 PM EST
    Also, media & telecom convergence technology is critical: When shall I get MyStatrupNation on my  smartphone,  with the ability to chat real time with Jeff and Rich, plus integrate SuN content into my own wbsite or blog etc...
    fmontrelay11/16/2007 7:14 AM

---
    P2P Consultants
    Smart Strategies at Work
    www.p2pconsultants.com

• 4 posts
    November 18, 2007 11:28 PM EST
    So, let`s do Healthcare and Green Energy out of India!

---
    P2P Consultants
    Smart Strategies at Work
    www.p2pconsultants.com

• 0 posts
    October 25, 2006 6:42 AM EDT

I`d love to see what you folks think are the hottest business opportunities out there these days, and what opportunities will be hot in the coming year.

If you could wipe the slate clean right now and start all over, what kind of business would it be?

And why?

Rich

P.S. We`ll try to talk about some of the ideas you post here on our radio show.

For me, Rich, that`s a NO BRAINER!  Pay It Forward 4 Profits!  I`ve been in several Home Based Businesses and made money but to make money I had to spend money (now don`t get me wrong, one has to spend to make and one has to work too) but spending too much to keep monies coming in not to mention having stock on hand taking up room in my home/garage.

Pay It Forward 4 Profits is a Funded Sponsoring Franchise system and is FREE to join and get access to our Success Guide to learn how to get your information "out there in the www" and BEST OF ALL if you already have an exisiting business with a website you can plug that URL into our system to help promote it.  This system works!  Don`t take my word for it, try it free and find out for yourself.

Another venture I`m involved with is XanGo Wink and in less than 4 years we`ve reached over $1 billion in sales and have now surpased Big smile Herbalife.

RSchlieper (Ron)

---
    ReThink Solar Energy!
    Get Your No-Up Front Cost Solar and help reverse greenhouse gases and global warming. Lock in Today`s electrical rate for up to 25 years.
    Get Paid To Drive Your Car...
    wear T-shirts, and more! Earn money effortlessly while you go about your day!

• 0 posts
    November 16, 2006 12:40 PM EST

LOLLOL to Blu...,  I`m a baby boomer and yes I have money and yes I travel but no, I don`t go to any gym(s) and thanks for your 10 cents worth.  LOL, did you mean comprised in number 4?

I`m in the process of selling my Thousand Trails/NACO Premier property and if anybody is interested they can check it out here: http://www.timesharesonly.com and in the Keyword or Ad # search input 1133286

Thanks

RSchlieper (Ron)

---
    ReThink Solar Energy!
    Get Your No-Up Front Cost Solar and help reverse greenhouse gases and global warming. Lock in Today`s electrical rate for up to 25 years.

• 0 posts
    December 10, 2006 7:26 AM EST

LOLLOL to Blu...,  I`m a baby boomer and yes I have money and yes I travel but no, I don`t go to any gym(s) and thanks for your 10 cents worth.  LOL, did you mean comprised in number 4?

Thanks

RSchlieper (Ron)

Yes I did.  Sigh...old...ummm...I mean....getting older is affecting my eyesight and typing...sniff.  Time to be a consultant!

Blu..., Do I have a great product for you, and anybody else who has health issues, XanGo!  I`ve been taking XanGo for about a year and a half and this juice has helped me deal with Pancreatic and Kidney cancer not to mention eliminating my migraines.  That`s right, no more headaches!  XanGo is also anti-aging and good for the eyes and has over 40 known Xanthones (strong anitoxidants) that work at the cellular level.  My mom swears by XanGo as well, helping her with her hip pain (no longer has pain) and her doctor has taken mom off her high blood psi and cholesterol meds as XanGo is working for her too.  Check it out.  What`s your health worth to you?  Three months taking 1oz 3 times a day and you`ll realize how good XanGo is!

RSchlieper

---
    ReThink Solar Energy!

• 0 posts
    January 3, 2007 8:35 AM EST

Personally I prefer the Franchise aspect of a home business rather than MLM.  Although PIF4P may seem like MLM it is NOT!  Best of all PIF4P allows one to plug in ones existing Primary or Home Business/Business`s URL to help get traffic/signups/customers etc..

It`s FREE to sign up and learn what it is we`re doing.  Hey, what have you got to lose?  It`s FREE!  Click here for more information.

RSchlieper (Ron)

---
    ReThink Solar Energy!

• 0 posts
    January 9, 2007 10:02 AM EST

Yes I did read your post.  I`ve been reading a lot of posts about this PayItForward... and the bottom line is ... it is free to sign up and "learn what it is we`re doing", and that`s exactly what I wanted to find out... what exactly is it that this is all about.  I may never become an upgraded member, I don`t know enough yet and if I don`t, well I probably won`t be doing much promotion of the program either.

Either way,  the invitiation was presented.  The link was there... and I signed up.  Call it an impulse buy (for free). Now if I get some time, I`ll peruse the site and see if there is any value to me.  Hopefully any quality info won`t be buried in a ton of hype or I`ll never get to it because my time is precious.

I`m not interested in an income from sign-ups.  I run a legitimate business and am in the process of franchising it nationwide.  If payitforward can help me to effectively present the franchise opportunity I have to offer then it may have the value I`m seeking.  If it`s just a scheme to sign-up more people... I`m outta there.

Pokerman, We enjoy the fact that you have a legitimate business, that said, plug in your businesses URL into the "Primary Business" (as epeters indicates) to get traffic to your existing business from ads you place about PIF4P.

You indicated you signed up with PIF4P.  Might I ask who your direct upline is?  That person can help you with any questions.  And congrats on making a great decision to sign on with PIF4P.  This program works and is duplicateable!

RSchlieper (Ron)

RSchlieper2007-1-9 16:4:5

---
    ReThink Solar Energy!

• 4 posts
    September 16, 2012 12:16 PM EDT

Investors and Donations Welcomed!

Help make a difference

http://www.gofundme.com/175u3o

• 9 posts
    January 15, 2007 7:19 PM EST

Yes, Congrats with your decision to go with PIF4P`s.

I just wiped the slate clean and also started with the program. I think a legit business on the internet is the way to go. The future is moving more and more towards the internet everyday and there is BIG $$$ to be made.

Good Luck

---
    NEVER PAY FOR TRAFFIC AGAIN!!! See what I do at my site and/or blog. http://www.payitforward4profits.com/glenwalls http://www.3stepsecret.com/glenwalls http://www.cashgoal.blogspot.com/

• 11 posts
    August 15, 2006 4:00 PM EDT

Okay, Okay, I am a shill.

Hottie Body Tan www.hottiebodytan.com  We all love vanity and want to look better!  The tanning industry is a 5 billion dollor industry...and it continues to grow with additional "cosmetic upgrades"...okey my elevator pitch it up.

I say vanity, all the way!