Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Setting Up An eCommerce Website

• 5 posts
    May 22, 2013 11:49 PM EDT

E-commerce sites are on the rise these days..! And many are earning good setting up e-commerce site was difficult in beginning but now it's pretty easy you can even setup ecommerce on wp as well

---
    Ask ProBloggers

• 11 posts
    May 23, 2013 12:19 AM EDT

I would say, start off as simple as possible. Look for a good hosting company, get recommendations and look at what they offer.
    I would then look at software your going to use. Each cart have its own benefits and downfalls. 
    I would consider looking at an opensource cart like magneto or opencart, this gives you the flexibility to amend your site to suite your needs.
    For payment I would also consider starting off with paypal, unless your confident your income will be high enough for a merchant account or you can pay the monthly fees.

• 8 posts
    August 16, 2013 9:23 AM EDT

Protecting your customers purchases is key. Make sure the links they click on to order have HTTPS.

http://www.MyBusinessCoupons.com/

• 14 posts
    June 10, 2013 9:34 PM EDT

Hey,

Here are the some of the points which you must remember when you buid the eCommerce website :

Lack of Product Description

Lack of Product Reviews

Not Optimizing Product Pages Based on The Search Demand

Non-Unique Titles

Use product relavancy url's

Make Usability a Priority

-------------------------

Wordpress Development Company | Wordpress Development Service

Thanks for sharing these wonderful tips.

---
    Buying Leads|Solo Ad Advertising

• 14 posts
    May 23, 2013 3:21 AM EDT

Many important factors have to be taken into consideration while establishing an eCommerce website. One must be aware of the critical threats to an eCommerce website, in order to know what security measures can be adopted. Afterall an eCommerce website works on customer satisfaction. It is important to ensure that people trust your website for online shopping. A basic step that you can take is safeguarding the website by installing an SSL certificate, so that the customers are convinced that the personal and credit card information that they share is going to be safe.

The main aspects that have to be taken into consideration while establishing an eCommerce website include the following:

• Uptime
    • Security
    • User-friendliness
    • Website design and navigation
    • Mobile version of the website
    • Website content (product description)
    • Images used
    • Appropriate web hosting platform with a strong technical support
    • Shopping cart - Ease of use
    • Easy online payment proceduce

Usually the online store owners consider strong web hosting platforms like dedicated hosting or cloud hosting in order to make sure that the eCommerce website is functioning perfectly. Setting up a mobile version of the eCommerce website is also extremely important. Today, as the number of smart phone and tablet users are increasing, it is important to have a mobile website to that your business is accessible to them. not having a mobile website means that your are directly losing on a lot of potential customers.

At the end of the day, the eCommerce website must be provide people with convenience of use and a great online shopping experience so that people think of returning to your website whenever they want to shop online.

Thanks for the tips. I will say these are the great tips and they can be used for proper marketing strategies. Even a proper web development can give a new foundation to a online business. You might have seen these techniques used by some MLM companies.

---
    Buying Leads|Solo Ad Advertising

• 31 posts
    June 11, 2013 8:05 PM EDT

Hi.. Let me Introduce first.. I'm Sathish from India, as a Web Developer intend to say you about Web Development Services.

I have 5Years experience in developing websites in Ajax, Jquery and JavaScript and Css. Additionally I have start developed Recharge Portals, E-Commerce websites with the exact design that consumers likes for the On line business.

http://thishdreamz.com/

• 37 posts
    May 27, 2013 12:50 AM EDT

Hey,

Here are the some of the points which you must remember when you buid the eCommerce website :

Lack of Product Description

Lack of Product Reviews

Not Optimizing Product Pages Based on The Search Demand

Non-Unique Titles

Use product relavancy url's

Make Usability a Priority

---
    Wordpress Development Company | Wordpress Development Service

• 10 posts
    May 19, 2013 10:04 PM EDT

Many important factors have to be taken into consideration while establishing an eCommerce website. One must be aware of the critical threats to an eCommerce website, in order to know what security measures can be adopted. Afterall an eCommerce website works on customer satisfaction. It is important to ensure that people trust your website for online shopping. A basic step that you can take is safeguarding the website by installing an SSL certificate, so that the customers are convinced that the personal and credit card information that they share is going to be safe.

The main aspects that have to be taken into consideration while establishing an eCommerce website include the following:

• Uptime
    • Security
    • User-friendliness
    • Website design and navigation
    • Mobile version of the website
    • Website content (product description)
    • Images used
    • Appropriate web hosting platform with a strong technical support
    • Shopping cart - Ease of use
    • Easy online payment proceduce

Usually the online store owners consider strong web hosting platforms like dedicated hosting or cloud hosting in order to make sure that the eCommerce website is functioning perfectly. Setting up a mobile version of the eCommerce website is also extremely important. Today, as the number of smart phone and tablet users are increasing, it is important to have a mobile website to that your business is accessible to them. not having a mobile website means that your are directly losing on a lot of potential customers.

At the end of the day, the eCommerce website must be provide people with convenience of use and a great online shopping experience so that people think of returning to your website whenever they want to shop online.

---
    Webhosting.uk.com VPS Hosting | Reseller Hosting

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2013 1:24 AM EDT

Thanks for sharing the tips

• 1 posts
    September 3, 2013 9:04 PM EDT

Setting up an e-commerce website is very simplified now a days.

With a lots of hosted platforms and cart systems you just have to research and choose from the one that is best for you and will give the best support.

Site uptime and look and feel of the site are also important but having said that you should also consider hosting with enough resources so as to handle expected traffic.

Last but not least, getting into an e-commerce space you need to analyze your sites positioning in the market

for ex. I would like to discuss the case of one of the projects I'm working on <a herf="http://www.dressmyphone.in">dress my Phone </a> offering Fashionable mobile accessories in the Indian gadgets and accessories market.

Your Value offering in term of the products in this case cases and covers should be such that it should be closely related to the search trends so that it isn't that hard to drive traffic.