Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Developing Your Invention

Product to Market

• 355 posts
    March 6, 2012 4:48 AM EST

Here are a few tips that might help.  First, you need to get a completed prototype built of you product.  Then, you should get it patented. 

After you get your devise patented you can start looking at contacting manufactures.  They can tell you how much it will cost to mass-produce your devise.  Also, keep in mind that manufactures have their own list of suppliers.  You don’t have to worry about that aspect of production. 

Until you get the above issue resolved, you have nothing to market. 

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 19 posts
    December 21, 2011 9:29 PM EST

Here, you have not mention that what you are trying to make. Please mention it, so that we can help you in better ways. You want to use both cell phone and computer’s component for you product. They are easily available in the market. You can purchase it from the suppliers.

• 1 posts
    April 13, 2012 6:18 AM EDT

Here are a few tips that might help.  First, you need to get a completed prototype built of you product.  Then, you should get it patented. 

After you get your devise patented you can start looking at contacting manufactures.  They can tell you how much it will cost to mass-produce your devise.  Also, keep in mind that manufactures have their own list of suppliers.  You don’t have to worry about that aspect of production.

You should get a prototype built and start working on securing a patent. But I would look for a manufacturer as you are looking to get your prototypes built. In my experience with PCB manufacturing the manufacturer will also produce one or two prototypes for you, after which you can make needed adjustments if necessary. The benefit of selecting your potential manufacturer to produce your prototypes is that you are able to get a feel for the manufacturer, develop a relationship with them, and decide before mass production if their quality, service, and pricing are what you want, while getting your prototype made as well. Kill two birds with one stone.

• 1 posts
    September 28, 2011 5:36 PM EDT

I think this maybe a newbie question but advice is always great. I have a new product I am currently in the process of developing. The product is an electronic product that in natures uses a lot of basic components found in cell phones and computers. My problem is putting everything together I don’t have a prototype yet, I really need to have the design refined before that can be accomplished. Right now I am looking at cost of production. My question is when thinking about components and a manufacture do I need to buy the components from suppliers, if I need say a plastic item made I need to have that made and once all sourced have all materials sent to my manufacture of choice? How do I get from idea to souring to manfacturing to market?

• 10 posts
    March 12, 2012 2:40 AM EDT

Be specifi

• 18 posts
    January 16, 2012 8:59 PM EST

Let me start by saying that if this is a question you've been asking, you are exactly where you should be. If you truly have an invention--something that has not been created before--there is no set way to get it to market and there is no right way. Finding out how to get your product to market is often more relevant to your success than the features and benefits of your invention. In fact, real money-spending consumers don't buy inventions; they buy products. So, shift your approach away from the typical inventing lexicon to how to sell a new product.

---
    Accredited Online Mba | Best Online Mba