Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

buying an already used domain name

• 1 posts
    January 21, 2013 7:08 PM EST

I agree with Domainnica, I have recently purchased my high pr domains from www.domainka.com. It also allow me to see the history of the domain and its links as well. Cheers!

---
    http://www.domainka.com/

• 1 posts
    January 16, 2013 10:11 PM EST

Hi Purefire1976!   
    I recommend you to visit www.domainka.com. They have lots of good domain names for sale, I personally buy my domains from them. Goodluck!

• 18 posts
    August 31, 2006 6:39 AM EDT

Welcome Purefire1976. 

If you go to the website www.whois.com you can enter the domain name and get information about who ones it.  If you don`t find what you are looking for there, you can also try going to www.register.com or www.networksolutions.com .  After you put in the domain name you want and it comes up unavailable, you can opt to make an offer on it or back order it. 

If you are not actually planning on building your website for a while, you might want to just back order.  This leaves a standing order, should the current owner fail to renew their registration. 

Best of luck.

Lisa

---
    Lisa Tarver
    Fauna Sauna
    Natural Heat for Your Pet`s Health
    www.faunasauna.com

• 12 posts
    August 31, 2006 6:46 AM EDT
    There are many companies who sell domain names which have already been registered. These companies mainly act as brokers between the original domain owner and the new buyer.  Some of the well known domain brokers are: Sedo.com , Afternic.com , Greatdomains.com. Besides, most of the usual domain registrars like Networksolutions.com, directnic.com etc. also act as domain brokers.

Those individuals who deal in buying & selling of domain names, usually park their domains at one of these brokers server. The domain name you are interested in, may also be parked somewhere. You may find a link to the broker’s site on the parked page of the domain.

And, of course, as suggested by iouone2, you can always contact the present owner directly with your offer.

Or, as suggested by Lisa, you can make a `certified offer` through a registrar. You can go to networksolutions.com and search for your domain. Obviously, the result will show that it is already registered. But on the same result page, at the bottom, you will find a link “Make a Certified Offer — Only …….” . Click the link and follow the instruction.

Hope the above helps in getting hold of your dream domain name :-)

Regards
    Nat

---
    www.TeleBoost.com
    Let Us Cut Your Costs & Boost Your Profits!

• 2 posts
    August 30, 2006 11:04 AM EDT
    I am in the process of starting up a business and have been looking to register a domain name so that i could atleast already have that instead of trying to do it at the last minute. so i have found a name i like, but it`s already registered to one of those senseless  sites with other links to others places and things god-knows-where. i don`t know if you knw what i mean but lets say you type ina website and you misspell it, it takes you to a site with  a listing of similar sites to the one you were trying to go to in the first place... (did i confuse you yet?) well do you know where i can go to  maybe buy an already used domain name?

---
    Treat yourself well. You are really all you`ve got.

• 3 posts
    October 21, 2011 11:49 AM EDT

We recently relaunched our site www.MakeDomainOffers.com (formerly Buy Used Domain Names) where you can make an offer on premium domain names and if we accept the offer, the name is yours.

In some cases, you can snag a domain worth hundreds or even thousands for a fraction of the cost. It's like a domain aftermarket or domain auction without the hassle. You will be surprised at the quality of names we have. Just make sure you put in an offer and remember, just be realistic when considering what you're willing to pay.

Give us a try at www.MakeDomainOffers.com

You can click this link: Make An Offer On Premium Used Domain Names

• 621 posts
    August 31, 2006 5:22 AM EDT
    Purefire1976... The only thing I can suggest is to send an email to the site`s webmaster or other contact information visible on the site. I was the webmaster on such a site (not advertising, but a reqular information based site) and when I received a "would you like to sell your domain name blahblah.com?" I forwarded it to the domain name owner. In the end, they sold it for a very reasonable amount because they enjoyed what it was to become... Well that, and the fact renewal was coming up and they really were not as interested in it anymore.

Hope this helps.

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words