Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Need help selling my new book

• 1 posts
    February 13, 2013 12:26 AM EST

Hi there, 

Whilst marketing your book (baby) can seem daunting, there are so many ways to go about it, that if you're not having success with one route, there's almost always something  else you can do to gain awareness and ultimately increase sales. 

I'd be very happy to discuss some ideas with you or help you put together a marketing plan.  Just drop me a line at archipelagolondon(at)gmail.com

Regards, 

Alice

• 8 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:33 PM EST

One good idea I've seen for authors is to find influent people on social networks and propose them a free copy so that they can review it, it's a simple way to get free advertizing.

Aside from that, I invite you to read Seth Godin, he published many best sellers, changing his marketing every times, there is a talk on Ted.com in which he talks about this also.

---
    To learn more about how to grow the audience & visibility of your business online, read my blog.

• 4 posts
    February 15, 2013 8:21 AM EST

There are many great advice from the community here already. One thing I have learned about book is the Title. That is the first thing that people see and will judge your book about. 

I recommend you do some A/B test with the title. Also, it might be a good idea if you get some of those big names (seth godin mentioned above) to write a little praise for the book. Always help!

keep moving forward

http://thinkandgrowentrepreneur.com/

• 7 posts
    February 18, 2013 6:40 AM EST

Enlisting the help of other self-published authors in another way to gain exposure. Reach out to established authors and ask their advice. Many authors are quite responsive on social media and willing to offer advice to new authors. 

Authors are a supportive group and willing to spread your title on their social media if they like your idea. Twitter chats are a great way to meet other writers. Here's a good list  to check out: 

http://inkygirl.com/index-twitter-chats/

• December 13, 2012 7:29 AM EST

Hi, 

How about enlisting the help of an MBA student or alum for a freelance marketing plan? I have a database of top MBA students and alum. My site connects startups and MBAs on a freelance and internship basis (some full-time job postings too). Check at a full third-party description on Killer Startups: 

http://www.killerstartups.com/startup-spotlight/mbaprojectsearch-connects-mbas-with-freelance-work/ 

We have MBAs from across the country and every Ivy League program. All postings are free (unless you opt for premium upgrades). References available upon request. I'd love to help you find an MBA to help you put together a plan to market your book.

Dan 
    mullaneydan@mbaprojectsearch.com 
    202-480-1252

• 4 posts
    December 7, 2012 6:22 AM EST

Hello all and hope your having a great day. I have self-published a new book on Amazon titled "Our Father's Land" in paperback as well as Kindle format. I was wondering if anyone could help with their thoughts on how to best market this to ensure the maximum visibility and sales.  I would appreciate your help.  TIA. 

• 10 posts
    February 14, 2013 9:21 PM EST

I would say, create a buzz around those books that you have for sale. Get a list of Press Release distribution sites and submit to information about your new book. Another way is to make use of social media sites to promote it. If you have existing social media accounts that already have substantial following, make use of it. You can also create an ad about it and post it to sites like Craigslist, Backpage, etc.

---
    Patrick Meyer - C-level Advisor, Business 3.0 Thought Leader & Keynote Speaker. For more info, visit at http://www.patrickmeyer.com.

• 5 posts
    February 18, 2013 9:14 PM EST

You can sell to your Book easily through internet marketing. It is the Best way for you, Try  it. I did expand to my business through internet marketing. So I am giving advise to you.

---
    Basswood Blinds || Platinum Blinds

• 5 posts
    February 18, 2013 9:14 PM EST

You can sell to your Book easily through internet marketing. It is the Best way for you, Try  it. I did expand to my business through internet marketing. So I am giving advise to you.

-------------------------

---

• 12 posts
    February 19, 2013 9:30 AM EST

Congrats on completing your work & getting it out to the public.

The first steps would be to revisit your cover design and edit, edit, edit.  This is your product and it has to be the best.  No amount of marketing can fix that.  Customers still gravitate towards a nice cover.  And please make sure it looks appealing online, not just the hard copy.   For editing- if you can’t afford an editor, look for some writing forums where writers critique each other’s work.

Leverage Amazon, make sure you are in the correct categories; you have the proper quotes, etc…

Some Marketing tips:

To stay low budget w/easy entry, you need to use some form of social media that you are comfortable with and where your readers congregate. I would even create a website where you can exchange ideas and create an email list of your followers.

Contact every blogger in your niche and talk to them.  Just don’t ask to send your book.  Offer them something as well.

Contact Amazon about paid promotion.

I hope this helps a bit and gets your marketing wheels turning.

Dave M.

Walsh/wexford

---
    Dave M.