Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Customer Service & Customer Experience

Most online companies forget customer service

• 13 posts
    February 6, 2012 8:37 AM EST

I've had several different businesses and found a direct correlation between customer service and profits. Being "nice" and just trying to serve customers WILL make you more money in the long run, even if it doesn't seem like it all the time.

http://www.entrepreneur-stories.com

---
    Learn How to Be Your Own Boss http://www.entrepreneur-stories.com

• 5 posts
    February 2, 2012 10:00 AM EST

You're absolutely right. Customer service is what separates good companies from bad ones, at least in the eyes of customers.

A few years back, I owned a lead generation company. That industry is notorious for bad customer service, so we decided to be different and offer excellent customer service. As a result, we had some of the best, most loyal customers in the business and the only thing we did to make them unhappy was telling them we sold the company.

With that said, some customers make it really difficult to be nice. They have many reasons for being unhappy, none of which may have anything to do with your business. Sometimes their business may be doing poorly and they're looking for someone to blame. Or they may have had a fight with someone else before calling you. Or they're just a sour person. I've experienced all of these and more. 

We trained our customer service reps to be as patient as possible and not take anything personally. If they felt like they were getting frustrated, they had permission to say, "Let me put you on hold for a minute and check on something really fast. I'll be right back." Then they were instructed to vent to me or a co-worker or go out in the hall and scream. When they came back, they were able to be nice even when the customer wasn't. It's important to take a step back and realize it's not personal, it's business.

Of course, we did have to fire a few customers because they were so difficult, and as you might expect, they were the ones who didn't pay their invoices on time....

---
    JP Stonestreet Author of Web To Rich Don't make a living...make a million!

• 11 posts
    February 9, 2012 8:33 PM EST

I agree.The customer service is so imoportant in business especially online business.It will give the customers an important impress to your company.

• 9 posts
    February 16, 2012 10:05 PM EST

I am agree with statement. many companies are forget to support customers. Some are very active initially but when they touch their sales target, forget valuable customers. but i am sure their ignorance effect business badly.

---
    Office Communicator | Live Chat Software for Website

• 3 posts
    November 29, 2008 12:31 PM EST
    I think most online companies forget there members/customers.When I started my online business over a year ago I decided that would be one thing I would not leave out and I have found that by me going the extra step for my members it has been a blessing not only have I made money,but I have gained friendship and respect  from the customers/members of my website.I started with nothing and now have a thriving online drop shipping business yes I have a good product and site but more so because I have received countless referrals from
    existing members and now I pay absolutely nothing for advertising, and still I grow at 5-10 new members a week.Im saying this because I want people who are considering an online business to understand the importance of good customer service online. It is really the only way to go.

---
    Real Dropshipping Wholesale Business Builders
    www.thepowersellersunion.net