Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Grab Bag

Registered Agent | Advice

• 1 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:55 AM EDT

Hi. A Registered Agent is very important and the communciation between them and you/your entity is critical.  United Corporate is a Registered Agent that has been in business since the late 1970's.  We are smaller than the 'big 4" but offer all the technology and customer support needed for success.  Check us out at www.unitedcorporate.com or if you just need some help, you can reach me at info@unitedcorporate.com Best of luck.

• 2 posts
    April 2, 2012 6:08 PM EDT

I'm starting a Texas LLC for an online retail store. The only thing I'm missing is choosing a Registered Agent. I've read reviews on the "big four" and read about their shady service (automatic renewals, hidden fees, difficulty canceling "membership", difficulty getting refunds, extra charges that are supposed to be part of the original paid service).

In Texas, what are some of the required annual (or other) filings an LLC must keep up with to stay in compliance/good standing? Is it so many that a Registered Agent Service is absolutely critical? 

Anyone have advice about being your own Registered Agent for a home-based online business? (or self-Registered Agent in general)

Thank you