Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Starup: a friendly solution to consumer choice

• 3 posts
    May 10, 2012 10:27 AM EDT

Hi All

I'm thinking over a startup idea in the social media/e-commerce space that addresses the problem of consumer choice in a friendly (literally!) manner. You expose a couple of products to your friends in social networks and get the products rated and commented.

Not sure whether this should be a website, a mob app, or say a Facebook app... Neither I have any ideas on how to monetize it ))

Please-please-please have a look at this 10 sec presentation, which roughly describes the idea, and give your feedback.

Lots of thanks in advance!

• 3 posts
    May 11, 2012 5:28 AM EDT

Thanks, Sophia_M !  I'm so happy the forum is alive, as I wasn't really sure) 

When you say "go shopping with it" , do you mean it would be great to have friends' past suggestions at hand or you'd prefer to get the products rated in real-time?

• 3 posts
    May 13, 2012 11:02 PM EDT

Yep, I'm think of a website + a facebook app. .. Agree with GTOoptions scalability may be an issue..

• 55 posts
    May 13, 2012 8:36 PM EDT

Its a good thought of doing so, but would not be that successful as its going to be in limit. It would give you a good start but is not going to expand as you might be thinking off.

Forex Options | Private Banking

• 2 posts
    August 1, 2012 5:51 AM EDT

I totally agree with whats been written here. Thank you for providing and sharing the post.

www.lucky-cigs.com | monte marlo cigarettes

• May 10, 2012 5:08 PM EDT

I love your idea! It will be really nice to share what I'm planning to buy with friends and getting advice from them, more importantly, enjoying the fun of selecting together! I think I'll prefer it to be a mobile app, so that I can go shopping with it.