Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Do You Need a Mobile-Friendly Website?

• 49 posts
    July 30, 2013 7:21 PM EDT

Very realistic views on mobile friendly sites, gone are the days when people use to sit in front of PC's & did surfing but as per current trend when everybody is on run, one need a site for all purpose to met their requirement from time to time & that can also run in mobile apps. For more on Finance related help , visit me on http://blog.faaastcash.com/6-ways-to-manage-different-types-of-debt-successfully/.

• 1 posts
    July 28, 2013 7:34 PM EDT

A lot of small business owners are asking this question and the answer is a resounding "YES"!

According to a September 2012 study conducted by Google, "What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today", not having a mobile site "can be bad for business-47% (of consumers) reported feeling frustrated and annoyed". This study went further, stating that "67% of mobile users that...visit a mobile-friendly site (are) more likely to buy a site's product or service". WHOA! Even more compelling was another Google study posted in April 2011 titled "The Mobile Movement", which reported that search engine websites are the most visited websites on a smart phone device, with an astonishing 77% of the market! Take a look at these studies and read the rest of the stats! The argument goes on and on in support of small business owners having a mobile-friendly website, but most small business owners are not in the website development business. Fair enough!

Today, the hottest trend are "responsive websites". Responsive websites are able to adapt to any screen resolution, allowing them to be easily and conveniently viewed on any device. iPad? No problem! 24" widescreen monitor? Not a problem either! Android phone? Not an issue! Responsive websites have you covered, and will ensure that the users visiting your small business website are happy and satisfied! If you are not sure what a responsive website is, then feel free to visit my own website at http://wordpress4smallbusiness.com. Check out my website on any number of devices or simply use your mouse to grab the corner of your web browser and start changing the size of your browser's window. You will notice that my website changes to a very convenient, user-friendly size as the resolution contracts and expands. Pretty nice, huh?

So how can a small business owner get their hands on a responsive website and, more importantly, how much does all this cost? You will be pleasantly surprised to learn that WordPress offers a massive amount of free and premium "themes" that are all responsive in nature! You read that right! There are actually FREE responsive themes available for WordPress! As a professional WordPress website developer, all of the WordPress websites that I develop for small businesses are built on a responsive theme. This ensures that all of my clients have the most up-to-date website available to their small business, and will always ensure that any user, no matter their device, finds my small business client's WordPress website to be easy and convenient. If you're not starting a small business website from scratch and already have a website, and are interested in creating a responsive environment, that's not a problem either! In this case, you have some options available to you:

1. If your small business website is already built on the WordPress platform, then it can be as easy as simply installing a new, responsive theme and setting it as your new theme.
    2. If your small business website is built on a traditional HTML platform, then the difficulty is raised a bit. This requires modifying your current website, or migrating it to an easy and convenient CMS, such as WordPress. This option is not necessarily for the faint of heart, and unless you're a business owner who REALLY knows your way around websites, I would highly recommend that you solicit the help of a professional website developer (like me!).

Regardless of your product or service, the facts state that every business, small and large, should have a mobile-friendly website to ensure a positive experience for all of their website's visitors. If you would like to learn more about responsive websites, please feel free to contact me here, and I'll be happy to assist you however I can! 

Thanks for reading! I hope you find this information of value!

---
    Paul WordPress4SmallBusiness.com Paul@WordPress4SmallBusiness.com