Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Differentiating domain name registrars

• 8 posts
    August 16, 2013 9:35 AM EDT

Prices are not the same across the board, and neither is service.

I transferred all my domains to GoDaddy from register.com, netsol.com, and a few others. I would NOT recommend register.com or Network Solutions

It DOES matter who you choose to register your domain name with. Some are better for helping you get your

"foot in the door" online so-to-speak. It all depends on what your needs are from a domain name registrar.

http://www.mybusinesscoupons.com/

• 84 posts
    May 21, 2007 7:43 AM EDT

The other day, I registered a domain name with Verio.  The only reason I chose Verio was because I already had another domain registered with them.  Why I chose them for that domain to begin with, well I really don`t remember anymore.

My question is, does it matter who you register with?  Is it just a matter of getting the best deal? (It seems like the prices for registering a domain are similar across the board...)  Are there any other factors to consider?  Any companies you`d recomend, or any others to stay away from?

---
    Oleg Issers | StartupNation.com Web Team

50% of computer programming is trial and error. The other 50% is copy and paste.

• 57 posts
    May 21, 2007 7:41 PM EDT
    There have been a number of cases of registrars going out of business or holding recently expired domain names for ransom when it should be easy to return them. The whole industry is in need of a good clean out to remove the bad apples. Personally I can recommend Planet Domain (who I`ve used for years) and GoDaddy (who I recently started using).

---
    Blog - http://www.buggy.id.au/

• 747 posts
    May 21, 2007 9:38 AM EDT

It does not matter who you use to register the domain... a registration is a registration.

So, it comes down to price and service... what value do you get from the price you pay.

I use GoDaddy (I`m an affiliate)... good price and have had no problems with their domain service.

~Roland

---
    Web Design | Best Beef Jerky | ecommerce articles | Follow vwebworld on Twitter

• 747 posts
    May 22, 2007 2:59 AM EDT
    The key is to always make yourself the admin contact for any domain you purchase. That way you control the domain  - can make changes such as pointing the domain name servers to another web host.

---
    Web Design | Best Beef Jerky | ecommerce articles | Follow vwebworld on Twitter

• 22 posts
    March 5, 2013 5:39 PM EST

The domain name is very important for any business and it should be easy to remember without much punctuations.Then only people will remember it easily and you will get a good traffic.In choosing the registrar also one should be very careful.The registrar should be reliable and provide services at affordable cost.I chose 9cubehosting.com since the cost is low when I get the domain registration and hosting as a package from them.I have no regrets in choosing them.