After researching the features and prices of a VoIP solution, select a vendor to follow through with the process. Distinguish what features your office needs and make sure the vendor you choose can carry out your needs.
Here are a few considerations to keep in mind to help guide you to the appropriate VoIP phone system company:
- Training: Your employees will need to understand how to use the new system. Ask the vendor if they offer a training course to save you time and give you the chance to address any issues.
- System maintenance: Ask if your vendor can assist in any problems from their end or if they will need to come into the office to address any problems.
- Customer service: Take notice on how the vendor works with you when problems arise. Do they phone you directly, or give you the run around with several emails? Monitor their performance when you have problematic concerns.
- Data back up: Power outages are a major concern among VoIP system users so ask if your vendor provides back up during these times.
- General features: Standard features include follow-me roaming, multiple four-digit extensions, caller ID, voice mail forwarding to email, system administration, among others.
- Security: If your business deals with confidential information, ask the vendor if they have secure software to work with the system.
- Equipment: What types of hardware, machinery or phone equipment must you purchase, if any?
- Installation process: Find out if the vendor adds VoIP to your current network or has an alternative way for installation. This may result in additional fees for the upgrade and make sure the vendor tests the network to ensure the program will support the extra traffic.
- Check for references: Learn about the vendor and their services by contacting their prior references and clients. Look for a vendor with multiple positive reviews and avoid a company with sporadic affirmative testimonials.
There are many vendors and choices to consider before you make a final decision on which company to work with. Compare companies and speak with many vendors to get the best deal and service for your money. A Voice over IP solution is a major business investment so work with a vendor that will meet up to your expectations and provide excellent customer service and technical support.