Before you decide whether or not to outsource your company's telemarketing, there are some important questions you will need to consider.
- Will you be able to provide a script which will enable another company to communicate with effectively with potential customers?
- Does your company have the resources to hire and train telemarketing service representatives (TSRs) and management staff?
- Does your company have a need to market in multiple languages?
One advantage to outsourcing is lower overhead expense because you will not need to purchase the required telecommunications systems, or hire the additional staff to provide the service. Outsourcing your telemarketing will also allow you and your team to focus solely on your business, leaving the telemarketing to those who can make it their priority. Telemarketing companies know and abide by current laws so if you outsource, you will not need to worry about putting your business at risk.
Other advantages to outsourcing your telemarketing include:
- Ability to test new business leads: New sales products and programs can be tested to determine their success rate before they are launched.
- Growth management: Telemarketing firms are ideal for seasonal business or product launches, as they can be used for short periods of time.
- International needs: There are telemarketing firms based all around the world, making it easy to reach potential customers in all languages and time zones.
- Theyre experts: Research, creating lists, drafting scripts, managing campaigns, and tracking results can all be done by outbound call centers, which enables your employees to focus on what they do best, without being distracted.
A disadvantage of outsourcing your telemarketing is that it could lead to losing control of your outbound calling and sales process. To avoid this, it is important that your business has a simple message that can easily and effectively be conveyed to an outside firm. If you are able to train and manage the firm you chose, this problem can easily be avoided.