I am new to StartupNation specifically and am extremely new to the web startup world (as of Monday 4/19) in general. My site is off to a pretty good start, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. If you have a few minutes I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts.Website is http://www.yourentwesplit.com
Here's a brief rundown of what we do.
It's fairly commonplace in Texas to use an apartment locator and in exchange they offer you a free move or $100. We're a bit unique in that we're extremely lean and therefore can afford to operate on margins our competitors cannot by advertise what our commission will be and agreeing to split it in half with the client (fees can range from $400 - $10,000)
- Longterm goal is to become Dallas - Ft. Worth's Premiere Apartment Locator.
- Shorterm goal is to appear on Page 1 of google for searches involving "Dallas Apartment Locator" or "Dallas apartments". - IF YOU HAVE ANY FIRSTHAND ADVICE ON THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
- Design --> This is where I'd appreciate the majority of the focus for any critique. I am working with a web designer to customize the site so that it is extremely intuitive to the user and that our value is immediately clear.
1. Did we achieve our design goal?
2. If you were looking for an apartment would you use this site? If so, why? If not, why not?