I’m always working on my business. Pretty much all the time, when I m not exercising, eating, or sleeping, I’m working on having a better running business. I love BUILDING the business.
Most of the times I’m very excited about what I’m doing. I learn something new every day, and planning and executing new strategies keeps me vibrant. Nonetheless though, we are all human; Thursday afternoon I found myself sitting at my computer feeling just “eh”. You know? Just kind of like the energy drained out of me. My eyes and whole body were droopy, and my thoughts were slow and really just aimlessly un-empowering.
Luckily, though I caught myself. I say to myself, “You gotta SNAP OUT OF IT!!” The question though is how? How do you take yourself out of that position and put yourself in one were you are full of energy, and where your thoughts and actions are more useful, more creative, more vibrant, more…entrepreneurial?
Here is what did the trick for me yesterday:
I used to play soccer a lot back in high school. I was a goalkeeper and what I did was similar to how I used to warm up to get ready for a game. I got up out of my chair, did a couple high jumps, and did a bunch of “warm up” type movements with my arms, feet, and whole body.
Then I went and washed my face and put some water on my hair. Just to feel fresh again. I also didn’t dry my face; I let it dry with the breeze of the fan in my ceiling.
I got back to my computer, plugged in some headphones, and watched two of my favorite music videos. The whole process took about 10 to 15 minutes. At the end I had “Snapped out of it” and had gotten energized, more alert, and creative again. To me, it was a great time investment.
My point here is that whatever state you are in, weather it’s positive, negative, or neutral it’s always due to your psychological AND physical aspects at that moment in time. And since those two are interconnected, we have the power to change our state by simply changing either one. Usually, it’s a whole lot easier to change your physical aspects.
Usually, the more I physically sense the change, the better it works. On the “warm up,” I felt my blood flowing to all my extremities, and I felt heart beating slightly faster. I then felt the cold water wake me up and smelt the freshness on my face. Later I kept feeling a constant fresh breeze on my face. When watching the videos, I saw, heard, and felt the intricate colors, sounds, and vibrations going through my body. And it doesn’t really matter what the video is about, I just draw energy from it, I really get into it.
That stuff works for me, and you probably know what works for you too. If not, then experiment and find what does. Think about it, wouldn’t it be awesome to find that ON button? Something you can do that when you do, you can then be like “Yeah lets do this!! I’m ready to go!!” Here’s some more stuff that has also worked great for me in the past:
-Change the scenery for a while. Go to another room for a couple of minutes; go outside; let the sun hit your skin; get some fresh air.
- Get some light. Get out of the darkness; turn a light on, open the blinds, or again, go outside.
-Allow your body to be stimulated by touch. Poke the ends of your fingers with a pen or pencil, or even slightly bite them for a while. (Its weird but it really stimulates my fingers and then the ideas seam to just flow out of them and into the keyboard when I’m typing.)
-Stimulate the your brain. Massage your temples slightly, even pull chunks of your hair slightly; get some blood flowing up there. Its really wakes you up, and plus it feels pretty good…. to me anyway.
- Stretch your body. Ever played any sports? Stretch you arms, chest, calf, back, all that good stuff.
- Shake it out. Shake your arms and legs as if they were wet and your trying to dry them out. You don’t even have to get out of your chair for a bunch of stuff. Get the blood flowing to all your extremities.
-Take a couple of really big deep breaths.
- Brainstorm. Get a great idea, write it down and allow it flow. Avoid stopping and thinking about it, just allow it to flow and grow spark other ideas. Ideas are awesome; they give you a whole bunch of energy.
-Sit straight up. Stop slouching over, have your back straight, and look up.
- Read stuff better. Read faster, and with a more animated and energetic tone of voice.
- One of my favorites. Brush your teeth; get that minty fresh, sparkly feeling in your mouth. I love it because feeling is relatively long lasting.
- Watch a music video you like. Watch something innovative, something fresh, something that you don’t see everyday. Really get into it if you can, sing along with it (or rap lol), draw some energy from it. I love a music video because it hits almost all of the 5 senses… even touch if you got some earphones.
Well those are just some ways my mind and body work. What kind of stuff works for you?
I feel everything in the world is energy; that your state has a lot to do with the energy you bring to the table, and that energy attracts more of its type. That’s why it’s important to catch yourself and notice when your energy is not like what you want to attract. Then change it, and you’ll attract all the thoughts, people, and things you need.
Learn to type as you talk at my Talk and Type Software page