I was hoping for some feedback on a business i'm building....
The business is an online directory for the IT Services industry. It exists for lawyers or doctors but not IT companies. For example, if a business wants to find an IT provider in their own city and within their vertical, then all they have are google searches or the yellow pages, etc.
There are major differences with mine and here they are:
- You can search for IT support companies by city, state, and/or business industry. I can rank organically in most all cities for words like "IT support Boston"
- The listings are full color ads that have interactive features like links to their Social Media sites, News feeds, Industry certs, etc.
- And this is my "brilliant 2am idea": I will have on this site an IT Q&A. Meaning, you can go on there as a business, no sign up, and ask an IT-related question(s). Then, it would be answered by the IT companies with listings on the site! (gaining them a possible real lead).
This creates activity, it helps people with questions, and it gets the IT companies who are paying for a listing, engaged with the site. Everyone wins.
Here is the questions I'm looking to get answered:
1. What do you think of the idea in general
2. What do you think of the features I listed
3. Would this be valuable to you as a business as an easy way to search for an IT provider?