I have been contacted by a Primerica manager and went to their so called meeting. First, does anyone have any experience with this firm? Secondly, as an independent agent, not an employee, as I have been told I would be, could I be personally sued and liable if I pass on any erroneous information given to me by my superiors in the firm. I am in NYC, so if anyone can give me any advice or feedback, I would appreciate it.
I did a Google search just now. There are dozens of sites dedicated to this company. Here is a summary of some of the information from people who had contact with the company.
1. It is a Multi-Level-Marketing (pyramid marketing) company. It is a legal company and
is part of Ctigroup.
2. It primarily targets people with low incomes or bad credit scores
3. You have to pay them for their training
4. Members are pushed to recruit new members as with any pyramid marketing scheme
- which is one way to make money.
5. To make money you have to recruit new people and and sell the service.
6. They use a very deceptive sales pitch to get people to come in for a recruiting interview.
Some people for example were told that the regional vise president had recommended them
for a job.
7. Primerica does offer legitimate services.
The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.