I was a StartupNation user before I found the location for the business. Reading the advice on this web site really has helped me a few times a long the way to getting the business open.
Last Friday we had a successful grand opening. Now it`s going to be a different animal all together. It`s time to focus on marketing and customer service.
What methods are the best advertising for a theater like mine? The theater features entertainment like "Whose Line is it Anyway?" where we make up all of the lines on the spot - with no pre-planning. It is a family friendly comedy club. The web address is http://www.dramagenics.com .
Here is a list of things that we have done:
1. We sent out a press release to several places...
2. We have been featured in more newspapers than I have been able to keep track of now - most of the stories ran durring the construction phase.
3. We sponsored a film festival that did not seem to generate much of a response - very little return on investment.
4. We had a booth in a family trade show - there were over 200,000 people who attended the trade show - but we were lost in the shuffle of the nearly 300 other business that were there. Again, not much return on the investment.
5. I have offered discounts to a couple of businesses - this seems to generate the best response so far.
6. We ran a TV ad that was targeted to the imediate area where the theater is.
7. We have flyers and door hangers with 2 for 1 coupons, that have not been passed out yet...but we are planning on doing that soon.
8. We have done several shows around the community as well...
Any advice on the best method of marketing?