I just did a site using webs.com's free sitebuilder, and am trying to decide if it is a good one or not. As a reward for those of you willing to take the time to look it over, I am giving a free bestselling hardcover book of your choice to a random viewer. Each person that replies will be entered, and I will draw a winner on August 31st.
So, here are my goals for the site:
1. Be a source of common sense, low tech information for business owners, both startups and existing. I have a links page and blog started that I am hoping will be of value.
2. Inform people about the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center (MI-SBTDC) free consulting services, training, and research.
3. Find out what people need and want in business training in the Thumb area of Michigan.
4. Promote the upcoming classes and boost attendance.
5. Build customized Retail Promotional Seminars for communities. I have done these in the past, and really enjoy them. I need to branch out beyond the areas where I know someone.
6. Get people to sign up for my e-newsletter.
My questions are:
1. Is it totally tacky to have an ad on the site? Its free if I let the ads run, and so far, all of them seem fine to me.
2. What do you think of the photo?
Again, the site is at http://www.ontargetlisa.webs.com