After months and months (and months) of working on my own a couple of hours each day early in the morning before going to my job, it`s gotten rather lonely. As others here an SuN have suggested, I`ve joined a local entrepreneurial-focused Meetup (meetup.com), but I need something more connected and with people at about the same stage as I am.
So following a lot of thought, research in to what makes a good support group, and searching but finding nothing, I`ve decided to take matters in my own and create my own solution: I`m starting my own.
My goals for the group are to:
- Hold each other accountable & push each other to make commitments for action
- Provide positive support for successes and rough times
- Serve as a sounding board and feedback loop for ideas
- Must be in the early stages or pre-stages of starting a business
- Need to have at least a business idea
- Must have a "first milestone" vision for your business as well as at least one short-term goal to move you in that direction
- Must be able to commit to a one-hour conference call once a week plus a few minutes nearly every day to report and support as the group picks up
- What stage of startup you`re in
- What area/category your business is in (e.g. e-commerce, retail product, franchise, consultant, services, software, etc.)