Recently the internet was a novelty for all. Now, the majority of us can hardly even imagine their lives without it. For today internet has become a powerful tool in attracting clients and promoting your business. Social networks have been used in marketing, but not only to share photo/video files and send massages. There are several categories of social networks.
- Ø Social networks of a common format. Here we can attribute such social networks where people are not connected with a common interests or activities. First of all they are used for communication: people here often lay out photos from their daily life or some special events, funny videos and different music, actively using applications. For example: Russian networks Vkontakte and Odnoklassniki, and popular English speaking networks Facebook and Bebo.
- Ø Professional social networks. Such networks are created exclusively for communication among members of certain professions. They allow employees to find work or vice versa, to make contact with representatives of a particular company, to press corporate news or feature articles. For example, Russian – Professionali, Moikrug and foreign – LinkedIn, XING, etc.
- Ø Social networks by interests. Common interests or love to a particular activity generates formation of a certain social networks, where users can interact with adherents. For example: MySpace, Last.fm, or we can allocate a huge network for fans of Japanese animation MyAnimeList, etc.
So, what is the advantage of promotion in social networks? Let us imagine the huge amount of money which companies are forced to spend on traditional advertising: production of advertisements, advertising on TV, etc. This is the huge budget item. Even when the advertising campaign has been already started, it may take several weeks or even months before receiving some positive results. That is how much time is spent to create the image of new product or service.
Social networking platform allows you to bring your proposal to potential client and to provoke further interest to the brand as quickly as possible. However, to achieve the maximum effect you have to maintain several essential rules.
- v Maximum time for talks and chat with potential clients
- v Accessible representation of products and services
- v Fast response to users’ questions
- v Ability to turn your disadvantages to the unique advantages
It’s important to understand the fine line between obtrusive advertisement and unobtrusive marketing. Remember not to forget about the non-material interests of target audience – the communication, while pursuing ambitious goals of promotion.
Promoting in social networks is better performed with the help of creating special thematic groups dedicated to company or brand. In fact, the rollout of network is nothing but a creation and promotion of groups. Group can be directly attached to the company (website) and “deliver” the targeted traffic to the project, or vice versa, may be neutral, dedicated not to the particular brand but a certain product or service. Though, group promotion also takes some time and efforts.
Everybody knows that laziness is the most powerful engine of progress. People would do everything to estrange themselves from doing any work. For this purpose a special promotion program “Viking” was created. The program is extremely versatile. The list of its functions and capabilities impresses. In addition to the group promotion it can automatically maintain rollout accounts and public pages. With the help of “Viking” you can also increase the amount of likes, friends, subscribers, members of groups and applications.
This is just one of the software options of business promotion in social networks. Of course, there are others worth doing methods. No matter what you use, the main thing is the result that it brings.