Hi! I just launched my unique Greeting Card, Greeting Card Soap and related product line this year. I sell both wholesale and retail. I have been developing my website over the past several months. I am not a computer or website expert by any means and have spent hundreds of hours to get my website to where it stands today. (Did I mention I am really happy it is standing?) The learning curve it HUGE and I have a great appreciation for people gifted to understand website development and e-commerce in general. I have been reading SEO for dummies which is helping me to understand this whole googlish world...LOL. I would appreciate any comments related to the following:
1. overall design...What are your first emotions and thoughts. How does my website make you feel?
2. content...this has been difficult for me to get a grasp on. I finally learned about and figured out how to install a "deep link". Please give me feedback on pages you feel I need them and any suggestions for changes in my content.
3. navigation...Is my website user friendly? Do you have any suggestions to improve upon?
4. SEO...keywords and meta tags...this has been difficult for me to completely understand if I have inserted proper words for the meta tag and keywords. I am also not completely clear on what the meta tag does? I understand keywords...they are words that the search engines look for that relate to my products and they are used for indexing...LOL...Is this right?
5. Website traffic...any suggestions on how to better optimize my site to actually get some business online? LOL...true...I have ZERO website traffic...I can't figure this out. I just recently changed my domain name from Simpliciteinc to Simplicitegreetings so that my domain name includes a key word.
6. Blog design...http://simpliciteinc.blogspot.com/
Any suggestions on how to get my blog out there...right now I have been blogging to four friends, the moon and the sky.
7. Twitter design...http://twitter.com/simplicitegreet
Any suggestions on how to get people to join my twitter? I have been having a hard time understanding how to tweet to the world vs. a small handful of people.
8. Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/simplicite-greetings/196599402131?ref=ts
Same question...how do I get the word out for people to follow me?
9. Any other thoughts, information or critique...Don't be shy...LOL...I can take it! I will also welcome it with open arms.